Introduction of Rhyme:
On the tiptoes
Trip the fairies
But the mighty clumsy giants
Stamp so heavily
Stamp so lightly
And the children skip so gaily
left foot, right foot
Around the ring
all the fairies, all the giants
all the children dance and sing!
Handy Spandy Jack-a-Dandy
Loved plumcake and sugar candy;
He bought some at a grocer’s shop,
And out he came, hop, hop, hop
- Ball toss greeting game was played with the students in order to make the students understand how to use their postures while greeting.
- Sharing time: Students shared their reflections about the unit(adaption).
Phonological Awareness :
Various phonological awareness activities were done.
Read alouds from Sr. KG monthly read aloud list.
- Revision of the mathematical concepts(Skip count by 2, 5 and 10, greater than, less than and equal to, 4 attributes patterns, number names, ordinal numbers( reading), place value(tens and ones), O’ clock, half past clock) was done.
- Summative assessment was taken for the same.
- Worksheet- word problems.
- Revision of all the digraphs done till date.
- Revision of all the tricky words done till date.
- Summative assessment of tricky words ( Identify) was done.
- Writing sentences of tricky words (were, because, want, saw, put, could).
TDT- Sharing the Planet.
Central Idea- Animals adapt to survive in their natural habitat.
As per the class inquiry next habitat was taken.Hence, inquiring further into the animals and their features of that habitat through books and videos.
- Venn diagram (to compare the two animals of the chosen habitat was conducted).
- Diorama of the chosen habitat was made in the class..
- Language: Writing of the sentences for the given tricky words.(Kindly ask your children to frame oral sentences as well as help them while writing the same.)
Worksheet- word problems.
Important points :
- Kindly send swimming costume, towel and an extra pair of underwear for pool time.
- Please note that the library books will be issued on Monday and ensure that you return the books on time.
- Every Wednesday is a fruit day.
- Kindly ensure revision of taught concepts in Math.
- Kindly ensure daily revision of tricky words (reading and writing).
- Kindly conduct at least one read aloud everyday.
- Give writing practice for the taught number names (One to Ninety nine only).
Have a fantabulous weekend!
Sr KG team