[Highlight Of The Week]
[Unit Of Inquiry]
Transdisciplinary theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: Choices people make affect their health and well being.
- The TDT, Central Idea, and the Inquiry cycle were revised with the students. Later, they reflected on “A choice that I make for myself is…” “A choice that someone else makes for me is…”
- Students watched different videos related to food. The videos were shown with an intention that they become aware of the balanced diet and nutritional importance of it.
- Read aloud of the book ‘Fabulous Food’ by Joann Cleland and ‘Fabulous Fruits’ by John Burstein was done.
- The teacher gave ‘The daily routine log’ to the students and she also explained how to fill their daily log. The purpose of giving this log is to help them to understand the importance of being balanced.
Language With Ease: Introduction of conjunction was done through activity.
Week 1- Day 1, 2 & 3 was done.
Dictation was conducted.
- The teacher started the time concept with the ‘Math-Talk’. Later, the students revised the concepts of reading the time – o’clock, half past, quarter to, quarter past. They watched certain videos and also understood the concept of minutes. The discussion was also taken on the usage of am and pm with time.
- The teacher also made them practice the taught Math number concepts such as number names, backward counting, expanded form, place value, etc in their Math notebooks.
Complete the given worksheet.
Parents, please help your child in filling the given daily routine log of Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Reflection of the same will be taken on Monday in the class.
Dictation words for Friday 20th July 2018 are as follows:
Grade – 2 team.