We take this opportunity to thank each one of you for flexing your muscles and writing for our magazine. We will try our best to fit-in all the literary pieces sent by you.
For all those who are still suffering from writer’s bloc, pick up your pens, pencils, devices, easels and start working. Now’s the time! You have few more days to get those creative juices flowing.
Resending the topics for your reference. Remember you can choose your own topic as well.
The topics are:
|Topic||Can be attempted by|
|My First Bicycle||Grade 1|
|Cooking with Mom!||Grade 1-3|
|The Sweetest Excuse I Ever Made!||Grade 1-3|
|A day spent with Papa||Grade 1-3|
|Fun in the rains||Grade 1-3|
|When I write for Raconteur||Grade 2-3|
|How do I stop a litterbug?||Grade 2-6|
|If I could create the 8th wonder of the world||Grade 4-6|
|Technology in my life!||Grade 4-6|
|Day the tap runs dry!||Grade 4-10|
|When monsoon hits||Grade 4-12 / Parents|
|The most evil character I’ve read about||Grade 4-12 / Parents|
|Trip with friends||Grade 4-12 / Parents|
|The shift- PY to MY||Grade 7-10/ Parents|
|The Importance of Financial Literacy||Grade 7-10/ Parents|
|Read at will OR Read at compulsion||Grade 7-12|
|FIFA fever||Grade 7-12/ Parents|
|Is Going Green Just an Advertising Façade||Grade 7-12/ Parents|
|Facebook – Sharing my life??||Grade 7-12/ Parents|
|My Favorite Form of Exercise||Grade 7-12/ Parents|
|How We Shop: In-store or Online?||Parents|
|What I didn’t learn in school!||Parents|
|An unfulfilled wish||Parents|
Points to ponder while writing/sending articles:
- All entries to be submitted in Google doc format ONLY to email@example.com. Entries shared in any other format will be rejected. Word limit for articles – 300 words.
- At least 60% of your write up should be original. If you have used any outside source, please be sure to add all the references in the footnote of the article.
- We will not be publishing more than 1 article/poem per student/parent.
- Articles sent by parents should be first time articles. Do not share articles published earlier on personal blogs.
- We request parents to send original work done by their child as we want to keep the essence of thoughts that play in a child’s mind. Parents can check their child’s work, in terms of spellings and grammar but please retain the words used by your child.
- In case of parent article mention full name, child’s name, grade and section at the end of the article.
- Parent photos should be sent as a passport sized jpeg file. No selfies.
- Posters should be in A4 size only. Kindly mention name, grade and section on the backside of the poster.
- Entries to be emailed from the student id or parent id only. Entries sent from personal email ids will not be accepted.
- Scanned images/posters should be in a high resolution.
- Any communication with the Raconteur team should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not email the editors on their school email id.
Please note that we will try to publish as many articles as we can but due to space constraints we might not be able to publish all articles that are submitted.
Disclaimer: Selection of an article is at editor’s discretion.
The last date for submission is 22nd July, 2018.
Looking forward to receiving your entries.