[Highlight Of The Week]
[Unit Of Inquiry]
Transdisciplinary theme: Who We Are
Central Idea: Choices people make affect their health and well being.
- Students watched different videos related to food. The videos were shown with an intention that they become aware of the balanced diet and nutritional importance of it.
Link: Balanced diet : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimuIdEZSNY
Nutrition : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimuIdEZSNY
- Students read the article related to nutrients in the groups and noted key points from it. Later on, they presented their understanding in the class.
- Read aloud of the book ‘What Happens To Your Food ?’ written by Alastair Smith was done.
- Students evaluated their ‘The daily routine log’ by filling the self-evaluation sheet which will help them to be responsible for filling the next daily routine log.
- Read aloud was done.
- Dictation was conducted.
- Formative assessment was conducted.
- The teacher started the time concept with the ‘Math-Talk’. Later, the students revised the concepts of reading the time – o’clock, half past, quarter to, quarter past. The students watched certain videos and understood the concept of 5-minutes.
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGtBYUQKF4M
- Students practiced math number concepts of arranging the numbers in ascending and descending order and backward counting in their Math notebook.
Complete the given worksheet.
Parents please take your child to the supermarket (Big Bazaar, Star Bazaar, Reliance supermarket, etc ) and help them to complete their given worksheet and also motivate them to fill their daily routine log.
Note: The homework is explained in detail by the teachers.
Dictation words for Friday 27th July 2018 are as follows:
Grade – 2 team.