Here we are with another Maths task for you. This time, it has a different context and format which may require you to seek your parents’ help in order to get a better understanding. Don’t hold back! Give it an attempt. You never know what new learning this task brings to you! All the best 🙂 !
For your reference:-
P.S. – Ensure that you submit this task by a day after tomorrow i.e. Thursday.
Complete the homework posted by Ishita Ma’am in your Math H.W. Notebook.
[Recap of the day]
Students revised the concept of division.
The teacher introduced the figurative speech ‘Personification’. Later, she asked the students to scan personification phrases for which the prompts were given by the teacher.
Learners prepared for the summative assessment presentation.
Draw personification on the given worksheet as instructed.
1) Click on the given link and play division games:
2) Solve the following: (citation: https://www.dadsworksheets.com/worksheets/word-problems/division-word-problems-four-v4.html)
a) Reema has 3690 bottle caps. If she shares them among 23 friends, how many bottle caps does each friend get?
- Learners were tuned into the new unit.
- Students watched a video on simile. Later, an activity related to the same was conducted.
Read the table below and answer the sums that follow:
Year No. of trees cut
Study the table carefully and answer the questions that follow:
a) What is the sum of the trees cut during the year 2002 and 2007?
b) Calculate the sum of trees cut during the year 2003 and 2005.
c) Calculate the total number of trees cut in the year 2008 and 2009.
d) Find the total number of trees cut before the year 2003 began.
e) Find out the sum of trees cut during the year 2007 and 2005.
Hope you all enjoyed the Chromebook session today! I acknowledge your excitement to use the Chromebooks for academics and hence, assigned the tasks to be completed online, using your Chromebooks 😀
For Homework today,
- Complete the 9 modules of Fractions on Khan Academy.
- Answer the question posted on Google Classroom.
- Bring fully-charged Chromebooks.
See you all tomorrow!
Learners were tuned into the new unit.
Complete the worksheet.
Happy Reading 🙂
Complete the Math word problem from the slip given to you, in your Math H.W notebook.
Complete the end of unit reflection sheet, as discussed in the class.
Math homework posted by Ishita ma’am has to be done in the Math homework notebook.
Write about the action you have taken/will take, related to the unit ‘How we organize ourselves’, on a half A4 sheet and submit it in class tomorrow.
Some pages from Chapter 1 of the reader ‘Magic Faraway Tree’ was read using a comprehension strategy.
Learners comprehended the given situation and solved the sums.
Sandy and Tina plan to host a Graduation Party for their best friend Cindy. Help them prepare a budget for the party.
| Banquet Hall
|Twin Tower Palace
|| ₹ 28,123
|| ₹ 30,309
|| ₹ 19,678
|| ₹ 8,765
|| ₹ 8,947
|| ₹ 9,033
|| ₹ 5,000
|| ₹ 25,390
|| ₹ 16,432
- Calculate the total expense if they book the banquet at Imperial Mall, order Italian and Chinese cuisine.
- What expense they will have to bear if they order Cold drinks and DJ Max along with Indian cuisine and hold the party at their home.
- If they want to place an order for Banquet Hall, Cuisine, Beverage & Music, select the least expensive from all the categories and calculate the expense.
- Nick, Sandy’s neighbour has agreed to be the DJ at the party and Tia’s Mom has agreed to make her special Cranberry Mocktail. So now how much will they have to pay if they select the most expensive choice available for the other requirements.
Complete the language worksheet.
Have a good day! 🙂
- Learners comprehended the given situation and solved the sums.
- Learners enjoyed creating their own poem using both alliteration and simile together.
- Solve the given sheet in your Math homework book as explained in the class. (Do no copy the questions and stick the paper in the book )
- In a given paper write below simile poem on snow and decorate it.
Snow is as crunchy as _______________________ .
Snow is as cold as ________________________ .
Snow is white like _____________________ .
Snow is as ______________ as ______________ .
Snow is as _______________ as _______________ .
Snow is ___________________ like _____________ .
Snow is _________________ like ________________ .