Revision of the rhymes done till date.
Introduction of 2 new Rhyme:
Sally go round the sun,
Sally go round the moon,
Sally go round the chimney pot every afternoon….BOOM
The river is flowing, flowing and flowing.
The river is flowing, flowing down to the sea!
Mother earth is calling me, her child I’ll always be,
Mother earth is calling me, down to the sea!
Phonological Awareness :
- Activities related to Listening skills were conducted.
Drill: What do you like to eat?
Eg. I like to eat samosa and it is spicy.
Story: The Shoemaker and the Elves.
Read aloud from Jr. KG monthly book list.
Handwork– Lacing board.
Art– Drawing slanting lines with oil pastels.
Cooking: Bhel making.
- Introduction of Number ‘5’ using different manipulatives
- Revision of subitizing using manipulatives.
- Association of numbers till ‘5’
- Formative Assessment of sorting.
TDT: Who we are
Central Idea: We use our senses to discover and understand the world.
Summative assessment for senses.
- Introduction of the letter sound ‘a’ through a Jolly Phonics story.
- Formation and action of the letter ‘a’
- The Jolly Phonics letter ‘a’ song. :-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybiJTZNLvTI
- Tracing of letter ‘a’ using sand and flour tray.
Homework: Math worksheet (Kindly use crayons only)
- Note the fruit days of the following sections-
Monday – Jr. KG White, Orange, Yellow, Blue
Tuesday- Jr.KG Green, Violet, Indigo, Red
Happy Weekend !!
Jr KG Team.