Highlights Of The Week
[Unit Of Inquiry]
Transdisciplinary theme: How we express ourselves
Central Idea: People may use different art forms to express their culture.
- The teacher unpacked the central idea.
- Read aloud of “What is Culture?” was conducted.
- The students were introduced to ‘Helping verbs’ through a song.
- Comparison of two cultures was done in pairs using a Venn diagram/T-chart.
- Dictation was conducted.
- ‘Book Talk’ was conducted where the students shared their opinion about the book.
- Revision of the concept of time was done.
- Introduction of subtraction using Place Value Kit was done.
Homework for the day:
UOI: Complete the given worksheet.
Math: To be done in the Math HW notebook
Task 1 – 4,798 write its number name and Expanded form (Both the ways)
Task 2 – Write the place value of 4 in number 5,642.
Task 3 – Write the face value of 6 in 1,666.
Task 4 – 7,972 / 5,792 / 4,610 / 4,601 / 2,484 arrange them in ascending order.
Task 5 – 1,098 / 9,091 / 7,992 / 2,562 / 5,432 arrange them in descending order.
Task 6 – Skip count by 7 – 2,470 till 2,505
Task 7 – Write the number in standard form (in figures)- Three thousand two hundred and ten.
Task 8 – Write the predecessor and successor of 2,990
Note: 1) The homework is explained in detail by the teachers.
2) From next time the highlights will be posted according to the school’s cycle i.e. on every Day 6.
Dictation words for Friday 31st August 2018 are as follows: