Dear Students and Parents,
Please find the first term assessment syllabus and details below:
|Criteria||Units covering these criteria|
|Criterion A: Knowing and understanding||
|Criterion B: Investigating||Biomes|
|Criterion C: Communicating||Biomes|
|Criterion D: Thinking critically||
|Unit Name||Topic List|
Understanding biome and ecosystem
Types of biome
Components of biome and its interdependence
Factors affecting climate- latitude, longitude, climate zones, air pressure, air temperature, GPS and time zones, wind current, distance from sea, mountain barriers, ocean currents,temperature , precipitation, humidity, wind
Understanding maps and locating places using coordinates
Case study of desert biome
Case study of mangroves
Importance of diversity in a biome
Threats to sustainability of biomes and why we should find ways for maintaining sustainability
What is globalization
Causes of globalization- trade, cheap labour, transport, communication
Is globalization new?
Impact of globalization on different aspects
Impact of globalization on trade- multinational and transnational corporations, how they operate their business, advantages and disadvantages of TNCs, sweatshop.
Impact of globalization on sports-investigating popular sports and their origin country, changes in sports due to globalization, role of globalization on sports and their popularity
Impact of globalization on gaming- video games popular today, impact of globalization on gaming, effect of gaming on kids due to accelerated globalization
Impact of globalization on culture-How is culture changing due to the impact of globalization, how is it impacting language, is it good bad or bad?
– The exam will be divided into 2 components:
(i) Component 1: Pen and Paper Test to assess Criteria A & C- 60 mins
(ii) Component 2: On-Screen Examination to assess Criteria B & D- 60 mins
- Questions will be asked based on the Criteria of individual unit assessed during Summative Assessments. Eg: If a Unit-X has catered to learning objective A- strand (i), (ii) and objective B-strand (i) only, then the questions from this unit will only be asked in Criteria A and B.
- Fully charged Chromebook will be required along with personal stationery and earphones. In case your Chromebook is given for repair, bring a receipt for the same.
- All the resources shared on Curricle(subject resource sheet and google presentation), Google Classroom as well as the worksheets provided(online or in hard copy) will be considered as a part of the syllabus and will be sufficient to prepare for the examination.
- Paper will include MCQ-type questions, short and long responses.