Revision of the rhymes done till date.
Introduction of Rhymes:-
“Mother Earth, Mother Earth, take our seed and give it birth!
Father Sun, gleam and glow, till the roots begin to grow! Sister Rain, Sister Rain, let thy water swell the grain! Brother wind, breathe and blow, soon the stem strong will grow!
Earth and Sun, Wind and Rain, help to grow our living grain !”
Phonological Awareness :
- Activities related to Listening skills were conducted.
- Language development.
- Drill: Where do you live?
I live in Surat.
- Story: Three fish friends
- Read aloud from Jr. KG monthly book list.
- Paper cutting with blunt scissors
Wet on wet painting.
- Pinwheel sandwiches
- Introduction of Number ‘9’ using different manipulatives.
- Revision of subitizing using manipulatives.
- Oral counting from 1-20.
- Revision of patterns, after numbers, greater/less than and equal by using different manipulatives
- Association of numbers till 9
- Summative Assessment of Sorting (Size, Color, Shape)
- TDT: How the world works
- Central Idea: We find different materials in the surrounding and they behave differently.
- Introduction of the concept Soluble and Insoluble
- Revision of previous sounds ‘s’ ‘a’, ‘t’ ‘i’ and ‘p’
- Introduction of the letter sound ‘n’ through a Jolly Phonics story.
- Formation and action of the letter ‘n’
- The Jolly Phonics letter ‘n’ song.
- www.starfall.com for the revision of letter ‘n’ .
- Tracing of letter ‘n’ using sand and flour tray.
Math: Page no 18,19 of Number booklet
Language : Tracing of Letter ‘i’, ‘p’, ‘n’ – Page no 8 of Language booklet
Note :- The fruit days of the following sections:
- Monday – Jr. KG White, Orange, Yellow, Blue
- Tuesday- Jr.KG Green, Violet, Indigo, Red
- Kindly return Reading magic books on every Friday or Monday.
- If your child is reflecting at home kindly acknowledge the HRT through daily diary.
Happy Weekend !!
Jr. KG Team