Night out for Grade 1 is scheduled on Saturday, 8th December 2018. Students will reach school by 3:10 pm on Saturday, 8th December and leave the next morning at 8:00 am, Sunday 9th December.
Please refer to below given link for the drop off routes on 9th December,2018 Sunday.
Night-out is the time for sharing and the children learn differently from how they do within the four walls of the classroom. It is also a way to experience school after the working hours and see how the campus looks on a dark night. It teaches the child to be independent, taking them out of their comfort zone.
Therefore it is our conscious choice to make them sleep in the open; and be courageous to face the elements of nature. Night out is about appreciating nature as much as it is about enthusiastically having fun. So these two experiences together create a powerful learning atmosphere for the students of which certain discomforts are a part of.
Hence, we urge the parents to prepare their children for being open-minded and experiencing something different from what they get at home for e.g. a warm bed in an AC room, bedtime story, ipads etc. In addition to all the fun elements involved, they should also reflect on the learning part in the night-out.
We would also like to mention a few concerns regarding the night out.
- Winters – It will be very cold, especially in the school area (where temperature is 2-4 degrees lower than the city) and so sleeping outdoors (in the assembly/skating rink) for children is difficult. (Nursery, Jr.Kg and Sr.Kg students will sleep in classrooms, G-1 to G 4, students will sleep in the assembly area (Rendezvous), beyond grade 4 students will sleep in the skating rink. If the temperature drops below 12 degrees, even older students will sleep indoors)
- Mosquitoes – We take all possible steps to reduce the number of mosquitoes. However due to our location in the midst of lush green farms with stagnant water ( paddy & sugarcane crops) on all sides, we cannot eliminate the mosquito menace completely.
- Daily fogging in open areas in the mornings.
- Spraying insecticides in open areas on regular intervals.
- During Night outs, fogging is once again done in the sleeping area before the students settle down to sleep.
- We also request parents to send mosquito repellent creams with their child to apply before they go to sleep.
In spite of taking care of all these points, there still can be cases of mosquito/ insect bites to a few children who have sensitive skin or due to allergic reactions. In such cases the parent must inform the respective HRT / TL in advance so that the teacher can address the issue.
- Insects – At night in most months of the year there are lots of insects that are attracted towards artificial lighting. Our toilets are open at the top to allow for light and ventilation. Toilet lights have to remain switched ON from evening till night for easy access.
Night out is as much about being close to nature therefore it is necessary that children sleep outdoors. Parents need to ensure that children are properly equipped with clothes and covers to handle the cold (and it is much more colder for the child compared to his/her regular bed). You must make sure that your child is really warmly dressed and carries a good repellent cream as we want all the students to have a memorable experience sleeping outdoors!
|3:10 to 3:30 pm||Common instructions|
|3:30 to 5:30 pm||Outdoor games|
|5:30 to 6:00 pm||Snack Break|
|6:00 to 7:00 pm||Games|
|7:00 to 8:00 pm||Dance|
|8:00 to 8:30 pm||Dinner|
|8:30 to 9:00 pm||Freshening up and changing|
|9:00 to 10:00 pm||Campfire|
|10:00 pm||Lights off|
|6: 00 to 6:40 am||Wake up / Freshening up/ Packing the bag|
|6:45 to 7:15 am||Morning jog/exercise|
|7: 15 to 7:45 am||Breakfast|
|7:45 am||Boarding the bus|
List of items students need to bring:
- Toilet accessories.
- One pair of clothes, one nightwear & footwear
- Warm blanket and bed sheet (Mattress and pillow will be provided from the school)
- Sweater/ Jacket/ Inner-wear (thermal, warm clothes/ socks ). All students should wear at least 4 layers of clothes (thermals, half sleeves t shirt, full sleeves t shirt and jacket/ sweater), should wear 2 pairs of socks (1 cotton and 1 woolen) and a pair of gloves.
- Bottoms: Thermals followed by 2 layers of pants
- Everyone should cover their head with woolen caps/ monkey caps/ scarves
- Everyone should carry 2 layers of covers (blanket plus chaddar)
- Mosquito repellent.
Please note that students are not allowed to bring any junk/packed food to school for the night out. Mobiles/ ipods/ ipads are strictly not allowed and will be confiscated if found.
All items should be labeled properly to avoid confusion. Please do not send any expensive toys or other items with your child. The school will not be responsible for any kind of loss.
We encourage every student to be present for the night out, it’s an event that children really enjoy and savour. There will be sufficient number of teachers and support staff to ensure that the students are safe and secure in the school apart from extra security arrangements for the event. The school also appoints a senior staff member (HOS/principal/ coordinators/ admin managers) as a safety monitor for the night out who ensures that all students are safe in all aspects.