We thank each one of you for sharing your thoughts, feelings and ideas and making our school magazine a literary piece of art! A loud shout out to all who made it possible!
Our ideas keep changing, developing and modifying with each passing moment and we don’t want any of these to just drift by.
So let’s get going! We want to ensure that parents and students get optimum time to write for their favorite magazine. However, as mentioned in the previous blog post, we have quite a few precious pieces left with us which we are planning to take up in the April issue. So, the number of days for submission and the number of topics have been reduced for this time.
We have shortlisted a few topics to give you a starting point, but you are free to write on any topic of your choice. You can choose to compose a poem, write an article or create a poster/artwork. Parent articles are welcome in Hindi/Gujarati as well. (No hard copies will be accepted)
The topics are:
- Planning a Vacation
- If I could be a/an …..
- My Promises To the New Year
- Book/s I have Read Again and Again
- What’s in a Name?
- Dealing With Peer Pressure
- Coding- The Language Of Future
- Elections are the Best Test for Democracy
- My Favorite Catchphrase
- Words I Misspell the Most
- Poetry- Few Words More Expressions
- Living In a Selfless World
Points to ponder while writing/submitting articles:
- All entries to be submitted in Google doc format ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries shared in any other format will be rejected. Word limit for articles – 300 words.
- At least 60% of your write up should be original. If you have used any outside source, please be sure to add all the references / links in the footnote of the article.
- We will not be publishing more than 1 article/poem per student/parent.
- Do not share articles published earlier on personal blogs.
- We request parents to send original work done by their child as we want to keep the essence of thoughts that play in a child’s mind. Parents can check their child’s work, in terms of spellings and grammar but please retain the words used by your child.
- In case of parent article, mention your full name, child’s name, grade and section at the end of the article.
- Parent photos should be sent as a passport sized jpeg file. No selfies.
- Posters/Artwork should be in A4 size only. Kindly mention name, grade and section on the flipside of the poster.
- Entries to be mailed from school mail id only. Entries sent from personal email ids will be rejected.
- Scanned images/posters/artwork should be in high resolution.
- Any communication with the Raconteur team should be addressed to email@example.com. Please do not email the editors on their school email id.
Please note that we will try to publish as many articles as we can but due to space constraints we might not be able to publish all articles that are submitted.
Disclaimer: Selection of an article is at editor’s discretion.
The last date for submission is 25th December, 2018.
Looking forward to receiving your entries.