“ Change is constant “
It’s time for the day filled with fervor and exhilaration, amidst thrills and cheers.
Sport event at FS has always been a hugely competitive but fun event, as the four Houses battle it out for the House trophy.
Considering the feedback received by students and parents, this year we have decided to change the format of sports day where the students will have fun activities and will compete across sections of their respective grades during the sports day which we plan to have post the games unit i.e either in February or March. Exact dates for the same will be communicated to you once we decide on the same.
While the students demonstrate their competitive games talent against the opponents from other teams, we also encourage the best athletic skill in each student. There will be an athletic event, where interested athletes can strive to achieve their goals. During the annual Athletic meet, students across Grade 5 to Grade 12 will get an opportunity to showcase their strength and ability in various athletics. The students who have qualified as finalists will compete for their place. Trials for these events have already been taken during the students PS slots. The list of the finalists is attached below. These students will compete in the finals to strive for their place which has been scheduled on 21st December, Friday.
This change has been brought so that we can ensure maximum participation during the sports day. It is mandatory for all students to attend Sports Day.
- Date:- 21st December 2018
- Events:-100, 200, 400, 600, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, relay,80 Meters Hurdles.
- Structure:- Selection has been done in the PS slot. Top 6 from each event (Boys and Girls seperate) have been selected for the Athletics meet.
- Invitations of the Athletics meet will be sent to parents soon.
- Date:- February End/ March 1st week
- Games:- Kho Kho, Kabaddi, Tug Of War etc
- Structure:- Inter section games competition.