Homework for today :
- Create the character chart of the characters as discussed in the class.
- Read chapter 7 from your reader.
- Solve the following questions in a journal sheet Directions: Read each sentence from the book. The definition of each bold word has been provided for you. Write two to four antonyms of the word on the line provided.
- “Reader, you may ask this question; in fact, you must ask this question: Is it ridiculous for a very small, sickly, big-eared mouse to fall in love with a beautiful human princess named Pea?” (Chapter 5, p. 32)
ridiculous: absurd, bizarre
- “He pushed past her and dug furiously through a pile of paper scraps, until he uncovered a thimble with a piece of leather stretched across its open end.” (Chapter 6, p. 35)
furiously: fiercely, savagely
- “’I honor you’ was what the knight said to the fair maiden in the story that Despereaux read every day in the book in the library.” (Chapter 7, p. 40)
honor: celebrate, glorify