¨If you can speak, you can influence, if you can influence, you can change the world¨- -Rob Brown
Presenting yet another literary event for Grade 6 learners – ‘The rise of the orator’.
Public speaking is a powerful medium of expression. Learners developed their public speaking skills through the course of the year and efficiently used their skills whenever they found the opportunity.
Learners have shed their inhibitions and turned from non-speakers to creative speakers, rather orators.
Now is the time to showcase their learnings through Carpe Diem. – Sieze the day
All the orators have worked hard and inculcated these skills within them. So let’s prep for the qualifying round that will be conducted on Tuesday, 12th February 2019.
The details are as below:
- Students will be given a topic on an impromptu basis.
- They are required to speak for 1 minute on the given topic.
- 2 minutes preparation time will be given for the qualifying round
- Three students from each class will be selected in the qualifying round.
- The students will be qualified on the basis of the following criteria:
- Usage of appropriate body language and gestures
- Poise during the speech
- Eye-Contact with the audience
- Appropriate pacing
- Audible and clear voice
- Context and relevance to the topic
The final round will be conducted on Thursday, 14th February 2019.
Thanks and regards
Grade 6 Team