Revision of the rhymes:
- Good morning dear Earth
- Each like a petal, of one great flower
- Oh, the grand old Duke of swat
2 Little butterflies (https://youtu.be/q31_IrnxmP8)
Two little butterflies sitting on a hill
One named Jack and one named Jill
Fly away Jack, fly away Jill
Come back Jack, come back Jill.
Two little butterflies sitting on a cloud
One named Soft and one named Loud
Fly away Soft, fly away Loud
Come back Soft, come back Loud.
Two little butterflies sitting on a stick
One named Slow and one named Quick
Fly away Slow, fly away Quick
Come back Slow, come back Quick.
Two little butterflies fly in the sky
One named Low and one named High
Fly away Low, fly away High
Come back Low, come back High.
Phonological Awareness :
- Revision of extension of sentences
- Listening game: Chinese whisper
- Rhyming words activity
Read aloud from Sr. KG monthly book list.
Closing circle story: The milkmaid’s dream
UOI 1 : Celebrations
- Transdisciplinary theme: How we express ourselves
Central idea: Celebrations and traditions are expressions of shared beliefs and values.
- Show and tell activity for personal celebrations.
UOI 2 : Games
- Transdisciplinary theme: Who we are
Central idea: Games can enhance our understanding about us
- P.E. integrated slots for various games (Langdi, Throw ball, Rugby)
- Students were divided into 4 groups and were asked to make a tallest tower using wooden blocks in the designated time.
- Introduction of number names from 71 to 80.
- Revision of skip count by 5 through a game
- Revision of addition through various strategies
- Revision of skip count by 5 through the workbook
- Formative assessment through learning centers :
- Skip count by 2 and 10
- Reading and writing days of the week
- Reading months of the year
- Revision of taught digraphs and blends (identification of digraphs, blending and segmenting of digraph words)
- Revision of tricky words
- Dictation of digraph and tricky words
- Introduction of tricky words ( there, they, go, so, no,my)
- Choral reading from Jolly phonics readers.
- Tricky words worksheet
- Copy writing of the given phrases in the notebook once
- a snail trail
- ten black cats
- a rag in a bag
Guidelines for writing phrases :
Proper spacing between the words and correct formation of letters.
Math: Writing of number names 61 to 70 once in the notebook
- Kindly ensure that you send the required food items for the cooking slot.
Enjoy the weekend!!!
Sr KG Team