Circle Time :
- Introduction to the rhymes :
Some families are large,
Some families are small
But I love my family
best of all.
(Sung to: “Jingle bells”)
Dad is my best friend.
We play games, we go the park,
The fun just never ends!
I love to hold your hand.
It feels so good, it feels so safe,
You’re the best dad in this land!
– Sources Unknown.
Read aloud of the following books:
- My Mum and Dad Make Me Laugh by Nick Sharratt
- My Family Your Family illustrated by the kindergarten children of westfield school.
Central idea : Family and friends play an important role in our life.
- Field trip to a ‘Joint Family’.
- Identification of their own type of family.
Central idea : We play to explore and have fun.
- Outdoor and Indoor games to develop Gross Motor Skills and Fine Motor Skills.
- The monkey and the cap seller story through Puppets.
- Show n Tell of their Family photo.
- Centers for Quantification of numbers 5-10
Closing circle :
Story : The Golden Axe