If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. – Nelson Mandela
We take immense pride in conserving and celebrating language of every ethnicity which is one of the most distinctive quality of our nation, being entirely multilingual. Hence, to take the pledge forward and educate today’s generation about the importance of our native tongue, we schedule Mother Tongue sessions, in order to teach students not just about their mother tongue but also its significance in one’s identity.
This term we will be celebrating the mother tongue assembly with the staff and homeroom teachers. We request parents to help students with details of their respective mother tongue. Students will be sharing insights of their mother tongue with the classmates.They can:
- Recite a rhyme/sing a song in mother tongue/home language
- Share their migration history
- Present using different media like chart paper, google slide, etc to share details/findings of their mother tongue.
- Prepare general questions in the form of a quiz
- Prepare declamation in mother tongue/home language
- Compare and contrast aspects of your language with any other language (e.g. origin, alphabets, script, sounds, writing direction, shared words, etc.)
- Identify and write common sayings or phrases from your language that others might like to learn and have them provide translations in Hindi/Gujarati/English
- Explore proverbs from your language and provide meaning of it
- Share a graphic presentation of some famous personality( sharing the same mother tongue) who have contributed to the society
Date: 12th March 2019
Time: 8:55 am to 9:45 am
We want our students to listen to their mother tongue and cherish it, hence, your cooperation in helping the students build a multicultural environment will be a great help to the Fountainhead community.
Grade 4 Team