If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. – Nelson Mandela
We take immense pride in conserving and celebrating language of every ethnicity which is one of the most distinctive quality of our nation, being entirely multilingual. Hence, to take the pledge forward and educate today’s generation about the importance of our native tongue, we schedule Mother Tongue sessions, in order to teach students not just about their mother tongue but also its significance in one’s identity.
This term we will be celebrating mother tongue assembly with the staff and homeroom teachers. We request parents to help students with details of their respective mother tongue. Students will be sharing insights of their mother tongue with the classmates. They can:
(1) Recite a rhyme/sing a song in their mother tongue/home language.
(2) Say few sentences in their mother tongue like introducing themselves, saying their name, etc.
(3) Sharing common words of different languages.
Date: 12th March 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- Students can come in civil/coloured dress representing their culture.
- It would be great if they could bring a cultural dish to have during their Home Meal Break.
- Post the assembly slot, students are expected to change to their school uniform.
We want our students to listen to their mother tongue and cherish it, hence, your cooperation in helping the students in building a multi-cultural environment will be a great help to the Fountainhead community.