As you all know the G5 students are studying a unit on Materials under the Transdisciplinary Theme- How The World Works and in this regard, we have scheduled a field trip to ‘DOMS Pencil making factory’ at Umbergaon, near Valsad.
The essential learning that students will acquire from this trip are as follow:
- Knowing about the natural form of a material and its properties.
- How does a material interact with some other agents (like water, heat and electricity).
- How man manipulates certain materials for their own need.
- Students are expected to be in school uniform and carry their I-Cards.
- Buses will leave sharp at 6:00 am and hence everybody should reach Opp. RTO, Pal by 5:45 am.
- Tentative cost per student would be around Rs. 600/-. The amount will be deducted from imprest deposit as per the actual expense.
- Students need to get breakfast from home. Last Wednesday Food Policy needs to be followed and no gadgets will be allowed.
Details about the trip:
|28th March, 2019|
|05:45 am||Reach Opp. Pal RTO|
|06:00 am||Departure from Surat|
|9:30 am||Reach DOMS|
|09:30 am – 12:00 pm||Explore DOMS factory|
|12:15 – 02:15 pm||Lunch at Hotel Aaram|
|06: 30 pm||Arrival at Surat: Opp. New RTO, Pal|
All students should come for this trip as it will be a great learning experience.
Grade 5 Team