Grade8 – G8 Verve,G8 Vivacity,G8 Zest,G8 Zing
Assessment given by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessment Date: Mon Apr 01 2019 00:00:00 GMT+0530 (IST)
Unit Name / Topic List: Indian Dances
Assessment Criteria: A & B
Details: Assessment will be held during your respective slot between 1/4/10 to 8/4/19. Resources required are: Chrome book & Stationery
Central Presentation Link: Click here to view
Multiplication facts of 7,8,9 and 10 were introduced.
The practice of multiplication word problems was done.
Formative Assessment was conducted for the concept of multiplication tables through dodging and Calendar.
Formative Assessment of the topic ‘Birthday Party’ was conducted by following the narrative writing process.
Chapter 2 of the reader ‘Stuart little’ was read with the help of a comprehension strategy and students also answered the questions in the notebook.
Central Idea: The earth’s natural cycles influences activities of living things.
Lines of inquiry: Natural cycles of Earth (day, night, seasons, weather patterns) (Change)
Patterns of behaviour of living things related to Earth’s natural cycles. (Connection)
Conditions on Earth that Support life. (Causation)
Students watched videos and even did an experiment to gain a deeper understanding of the Earth’s natural cycles.
This unit is integrated with Hindi where they are learning about the influence of Earth’s natural cycles on human beings.
Formative assessment was conducted through illustrations, Venn-diagram, MCQs.
Students have to read Chapter 5 ‘ The Crows and the Snake’ from the Empowering English book.
1. Underline the adjectives while reading.
2. From page number 41 – Complete the 2nd activity (Fill in the blanks).
3. From page number 42 – Complete the 3rd Activity (Position words).
Grade 2 team 🙂
Dictation words for next week.
Kindly take a note of the following homework tasks for today:-
- Go through the blog post put up today related to invitation card for our exhibition. Submission day- Monday
- Submit the Maths homework tomorrow that was assigned yesterday.
- Research about the art form you selected to express your thoughts about the chosen topic. Start maintaining a document in your group folder so as to put down your ideas. In case it wasn’t discussed in your class today, kindly wait until tomorrow for this update.
- Finish off all the other tasks assigned by your mentors and teacher-in-charge.
Important note:- Kindly get your survey forms checked by your teacher-in-charge before circulating it to the audience. Ensure that all of the resources used by you or pieces of evidence collected by you are being moved to your group folder as soon as possible.
Learners prepared for SLC. They were given feedback for the same.
Students started writing their narrative piece following the writing process.
Students understood the relationship between – demand, supply and price through a video, which was followed by class discussion.
Visit the link and complete the worksheet
Prepare for your SLC demo.
Visit the link and complete the worksheet
Transition Words Worksheet_ Connecting Ideas
Note: Write the meaning of transition words in your notebook.
Day 1, Thursday
Math: Learners prepared for SLC. They were given feedback for the same.
Language: Learners concluded the “you do” session based on the strategy “Summarizing information and retelling the same”.
Math: Complete the worksheet given.
Prepare for SLC
Prepare for Book Review. Kindly remember to bring the book.
UOI – Using the Big 6 research tool, learners researched about ‘Economic activities.’ They also found information about consumptions, production, exchange, goods and services. They learned about the barter system during the read-aloud of a book called ‘A new coat for Anna by Harriet Ziefert’
Math – Learners continued to work on their Fractions summative assessment preparations.
Language – Based on the teacher feedback, learners revised the poem written by them in the previous session.
Math – Taken from the reference book – The joy of Mathematics. Complete the below stated word problems in your Math HW notebook.
- Mr. Fraction painted 1/5 of his wall on Monday, 3/10 on Tuesday and 3/10 on Wednesday. How much has he painted altogether?
- Nina required two three-fourth meters of cloth for her uniform, while her sister Seema required three and a half meter of cloth. How much material did their mother buy for them?
- There were 6 five-seventh cakes, 3 two-thirds were eaten. How much was left?
- A rope was 10 two-eighth meters long, 3 five-eighth meters was cut off. How much was left?
Language – As per your need, practice any one or both of the task.
Task 1 – Choose the suitable transition words from the list and rewrite the complete sentence in your Language EE notebook. Transition Words Worksheet_ Connecting Ideas
Task 2 – Match the description with emotions and rewrite the same in your Language EE notebook make-match-show-dont-tell
Students were tuned into Skeletal and Muscular systems.
Students revisited the checklist for narrative writing and self-checked their piece.
Teacher role modeled 2-digit by 2-digit division sums. Later, learners solved sums independently.
- Solve the following division sums:
a) 48 ÷ 9 b) 75 ÷ 15 c) 783 ÷ 4 d) 84 ÷ 12 e) 99 ÷ 33 f) 70 ÷ 14
- Solve the following word problems.
a) A carton of milk contains 125 ounces. Sara’s son drinks 5 ounces of milk at each meal. How many 5-ounce servings will one carton of milk provide?
b) Selena’s dog completed an obstacle course that was 932 meters long. There were 4 parts to the course, all equal in length. How long was 1 part of the course?”
Formative Assessment on Respiratory System was conducted.
Learners continued with their narrative writing following the writing process.
Solve the following division sums
a) 43 ÷ 19 b) 864 ÷ 4 c) 88 ÷ 12 d) 28 ÷ 14
- Isha has 5 times as many stickers as Aryan has. Aryan has 350 stickers. How many stickers does Isha have?
- Harsh and 7 of his friends found a bag of pennies. There were 320 pennies, which they shared equally. How many pennies did each person get?
Stars of the day – Shreyan Agarwal and Aarav Mittal 🙂
[Highlight Of The Day]
Students prepared for the Students Led Conference.
Students learned about a new comprehension strategy ” Retelling to Summarise ” through the story ” Anna’s coat”.
Visit the link and complete the sums.
Cycle 30 – Homework Practice Session 2Cycle 30 – Homework Practice Session 2
Have a Great Day 🙂