Voice-2019 is Essay writing competition on Scientific topic organised by PRL,Ahmedabad.
Details about same is as mentioned below:
VOICE – 2019
Objective: The year 2019-2020 marks the birth centenary of Dr. Vikram A. Sarabhai, the father of the Indian Space Programme. On account of this, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad plans to conduct a Pan India level Essay Writing Competition.
Students from grades 8 to 12 can participate in this competition. The essay may contain motivation, goals, and uniqueness of the concept among other relevant things. 30 shortlisted students from each age group will be invited for presentation and visit to Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with a 3 tier fare by railways on the shortest possible route to Ahmedabad. Boarding and lodging will be arranged by PRL during the authorised period of stay.
Categories: Gr 8 – 10 (Category I)
Gr 11 – 12 (Category II)
Topic: Home at a distant planet
Description: Say one day you have to move out of our planet Earth and settle on a different planet. Which planet you would choose? Then based on the planet specific parameters (e.g. atmospheric conditions, solar Insolation, crustal properties etc.), how will you design your home? Design should be sustainable, i.e., no external entity will provide any assistance to maintain your home. You must also provide the address of your home.
*Note: Sustainability of the home in the new planet will be the primary criteria for the evaluation.
Topic: Design innovative experiments for space station
Description: Imagine one day you are given an opportunity to design innovative experiments for the Indian Space Station. Design a suit of experiments (maximum two) to address a particular theme. Mention why you chose the theme and how your experiments can provide a better understanding.
Success Criteria: (without which the essay will be disqualified)
- Word limit: 3000 words
- Summary – 300 words
- Major concepts – 3 bullets not exceeding 75 words
- Conclusion – Not more than 200 words
- Essay should be written in English
- Should be written by a single person
- Submission should be emailed to email@example.com
- Essay should be typed and provided in a Portable Document Format (PDF)
*Note: Scanned/ Handwritten essays will not be considered
- Submission (in the predefined format available from website) should be on a scanned sheet stating the participant’s name, school name, class, residential address with phone number along with the essay. This sheet should be attested by the head of the institution/school with official seal.
Format of the Essay
- Typed on A4 size electronic page
- Font size- 12 points in Times Roman
- 1.5 interlinear space
- Margin of 1.5 cm on all the four sides
- Last date of submission:15th May 2019
- Date of notification: 15th July 2019
- Presentation: 10th August 2019
- Prize distribution: 12th August 2019
- First phase: Essays will be shortlisted
- Second phase: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to PRL,Ahmedabad
|Prize||Category I||Category Il|
|1st||₹ 20,000||₹ 25,000|
|2nd||₹ 15,000||₹ 20,000|
|3rd||₹ 10,000||₹ 15,000|
|Additional(5 prizes in each category)||₹ 2,000||₹ 2,500|