Revision of rhyme :
Oh, the grand old Duke of swat,
He had ten thousand men,
He marched them up to the top of
The hill and he marched
Them down again.
And when they were up they were up.
And when they were down they were down.
And when they were only half way up,
They were neither up nor down.
- By Aban Bana
Word of the week: Globe, Rotation
Phonological Awareness :
- Various phonological awareness activities were done.
Read alouds from Sr. KG monthly read aloud list.
- Introduction of numbers 71-80.
- Introduction of number names 61- 70 and writing the same in the notebook.
- Revision of all mathematical concepts done till date through centers.(Quantification, Before/After numbers, middle numbers, ascending order, patterns (4 attributes)
- Introduction of digraph “ng”.
- Writing on “ng” words in notebook.
- Revision of digraph “ie”, “ee”, “or” and “ng” through language centers.
(Rotation and Revolution)
TDT : How the world works
Central Idea : The Earth’s natural cycles influence the activity of living things.
- Gallery walk
- Overview of the unit. (the reason (causation) behind the pattern of day/night and seasons and how this impacts living things, thus understanding how living things are connected to the planet Earth.)
- Watching of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWkKSkI3gkU
Writing of “ng” words 2 times in notebook.
Writing of number names (51-60) 2 times in notebook.
Important points :
- Kindly send all the read aloud books by Monday (who all haven’t sent yet).Also, we will issue new books on Tuesday instead of Monday only for the next week.
- Kindly send reading log by Monday without fail.
- Kindly ensure revision of taught concepts in Math.
- Kindly ensure daily revision of tricky words (reading and writing).
- Kindly conduct read aloud everyday.
- Give writing practice for the taught number names (One to Eighty only).
Have a marvelous weekend!
Sr. KG Team.
Kindly find today’s Language homework as below:
Writing digraph “or” words (sword, for, born, corn, fork, thorn, cork, fort, horn) – 2 times in the notebook.
Sr KG Team
Kindly note your Final PTC slot timings as below:
|Name||Start Time||End Time|
Sr. KG students are organising an event: Fun Fair on Tuesday, 26th September. We request you to send an amount of Rs 50( 5 notes of Rs 10) with your child on Tuesday in an envelope so that they can play games/ eat things from the Fun Fair stalls. (this applies for all the 120 students of Sr. KG excluding the 40 students who are organising an event ).
Sr. KG Team
This is to inform you that the following is the list of students who are hosting different events with the help of their mentor teachers. When these students are hosting, other students will be attending the event as guests (who are not organizing).
For any queries regarding the event, kindly contact the mentor teachers.
|Students name||Event name|
|Arva, Jianna, Dhanush, Shivang, Naomi||
Mentor teacher- Nisha Jain
|Kirshiv, Arjun, Divolka, Shravya, Siddhant||
Mentor teacher- Dimple Topiwala
|Vaaniya, Daivya, Reyansh, Naksh, Yashika||
Event- Trip to Fun Zone
Mentor teacher- Suchi Dakoria
|Ruth, Darsh, Reet, Atharv, Varija||
Mentor teacher- Shreya Kantharia