ICT: Draw a portrait of the adult and write alongside of that portrait- when would you ask for help if you needed it online.
Math: Solve the following word problems :
- In a class of 50 students, 8% were absent on a day. Calculate the number of students who were present that day ?
- 45% of the total population of a town are men and 40% are women. Calculate the percentage of the children in that town ?
- By selling a chair for Rs.1440, a shopkeeper loses 10% . At what price did he buy it ?
1) Continue your research based on the topic chosen for the conflict summative assessment. The links have been shared on Google Classroom for your reference.
2) Upload the portfolio piece for Conflict on Compendium. The steps with an exemplar comment has been shared on Google classroom.
Language : Read chapter 13 and write the summary in the sheet given in your own words. Discussion related to it will be conducted tomorrow.
UOI : Read the articles given below before you start the research :
Research on India Pakistan partition using Thinking hats and find the information:
White Hat :Information-Write few facts about the Partition
Black Hat : Judgement (Reasons)- What were the reasons of India and Pakistan Partition?
Red Hat : Emotions(Effects) – Were there any effects of the partition? What were the effects on individuals and communities ?
Yellow Hat- Positive view (Conflict management Strategies) Think upon the solution for the Conflict between India and Pakistan.
Mixed Bag : Open the link and solve it in your Mixed Bag NB
Compendium: Upload the language portfolio piece on compendium from your Reader journal. The steps and exemplar comment has been posted on Google classroom.
FA: Get the FA notebook signed and back on Monday.
Gear up for the Literary event- Spell Bee.
Words list for the ‘Spell Bee Literary Event’ is shared below. The ‘First round’ of this event will be conducted on coming day 6.
Spell Bee-Word list
- Revise all the concepts that you have learnt in Decimal unit.
- Measurement homework is assigned on Khan-Academy.
- Solve the following in math notebook:
- 23.4 x 3.9
- 12.4 / 4
- 21.76 + 45.99
- Subtract 78.6 from 98.11
- Round off the given numbers to whole and nearest tenths : 89.98, 12.04, 9.65
ICT: Complete the ICT task if pending and do comment on your peers work as discussed in class.
1) Redo the incorrect sums from the Bingo worksheet in your math notebook.
2) Complete the task assigned on Khan academy.
3) Check the mixed bag – Cycle 23 and do the corrections. Answer key has been posted on Google classroom.
Complete uploading 1 portfolio piece for Math related to ‘Decimals’ from your math notebook on Compendium. Refer google classroom for the steps to be followed and the exemplar comment.
Complete the character trait sheets given till chapter 7 (Despereaux, Lester, Antoinette, Furlough and Princess Pea)
Choose a word from the list to complete each sentence. Rewrite the sentence in the journal sheet:
( Obscenely, Florence, Handkerchief, Reflecting, Shoulder, Crumbs, Music, Shoulder, Gertrude, Remarkable )
- It is true. Despereaux’s eyes should not have been open. But they were. He was staring at the sun _____________ off his mother’s mirror.
- He’s the smallest mouse I’ve ever seen,” said his Aunt ____________. “It’s ridiculous.”
- He was ridiculously small. His ears were ____________ large.
- “Son!” barked Despereaux’s father. “Snap to it. Get your head out of the clouds and hunt for ___________.”
- “Look over your _____________ all the time, first to the right, then to the left.”
- Despereaux looked down at the book, and something ___________ happened. The marks on the pages, the squiggles as Merlot referred to them, arranged themselves into shapes.
- He shivered. He sneezed. He blew his nose into his _______________.
- He stuck his left ear out of the hole in the wall so that he could hear the ________ better, and then he stuck his right ear out so that he could hear better still.
- Multiply the following sums:
- 76.4 * 2.5
- 19.8 * 0.06
- 69 * 8.9
- 8.13 * 0.7
- 0.9 * 0.02
- Write down the fraction represented by the shaded section of the grid and then convert it to decimals.
- Solve the given word problems: (Make a working column and write the statements)
1. School lunches cost Rs 224.75 for 15.5 weeks. About how much would the lunches cost per week?
2. What was its average speed in miles per hour if a plane flew 1839.1 miles in 5.3 hours?
3. Girish makes Rs 7.48 an hour. He grossed Rs 310.42 last week. How many hours did he work?
4. A bottle of medicine contains 27.5 ounces. I take 1.65 ounces each dose. How many doses are in the bottle?
Reminder : Get the dice.
Homework for the weekend :
- Mixed bag to be done in Mix bag notebook –Cycle 23
- Do the correction of cycle 20, 21.1 and 21.2 referring the answer key on google classroom.
Language : Learn the following dictation words:
- Pioneer-a person who is among the first to explore or settle a new country or area.
- Leisure-use of free time for enjoyment.
- Pre-historic -relating to or denoting the period before written records
- Premonition-a strong feeling that something is about to happen, especially something unpleasant.
- Synchronize-occur at the same time or rate
- Capitalization- the action of writing or printing in capital letters or with an initial capital
- Ascending-go up or climb
- Indignant-feeling or showing anger or annoyance at what is perceived as unfair treatment
- Calculation-a mathematical determination of the amount or number of something
- Inquisitive-having or showing an interest in learning things; curious.
- Conceive – to imagine something
- Palatial – something which is very luxurious and deluxe
- Ambivalent – having two opposing feelings at the same time, or being uncertain about how you feel
- Burglar – a person who illegally enters buildings and steals things
- Obligation – the fact that you are obliged to do something
- Quarrel – An angry disagreement between two or more people or groups
- Contradictory – very different from each other
- Turquoise – A bluish green semi precious stone that is often used in jewellery
- Squabble– An argument over something that is not important
- Inaccurate – not completely correct or exact, or not able to do something correctly or exactly.
Read chapter 3 and 4 using the strategy Text to World and Text to self -Identify and make a T chart and write in your journal Connection to self and connection to the world.
Book Review – Keep reading as you have book club tomorrow.
UOI: Look into the newspaper for a current conflict and find its reason and write the reason in your UOI notebook. Stick the cut out in the book too so that we can discuss the homework.
Math: Complete the homework assigned on khan academy.
FA: Do the corrections and get the signed notebook tomorrow.
Math: Mixed Bag is shared through mail. It is in the form of Google form. Kindly submit your responses and complete your task. Language Mixed bag- Passage has been assigned on ReadWorks.
UOI– Look into the newspaper for a current conflict and find its reason. Bring the cut out to school so that we can discuss the homework.