Mentioned below are the timings for the Parent Teacher Conference on 27th April’ 2019 booked by you.
Kindly go through your child’s Term-2 report that has been shared. (check your email for the same).
Please reach 5 minutes before your time slot.
Kindly be on time and adhere to the time slot allotted to you.
Also, remember to get the old I-cards as new ones will be issued only after you return the old ones.
Learners reflected on their understanding of all the systems by making a connection between them. They understood the concept of how systems are interconnected to each other.
Learners understood the need for organ donation and also learned that organs can be transplanted from one body to another.
Students edited and published their pieces of Summative Assessment.
Refer the below link to play the game on Point, Line, Ray, and Line Segment.
Solve the following word problems.
a) 365 books were donated to an elementary school. If 15 classrooms shared the books equally, how many books did each class receive and how many books were left?
b) Manisha needs exactly 12 plates on each table for the banquet. If she has 312 plates, how many tables is she able to prepare?
c) 494students have to be seated equally in 26 rows. How many students will be there in each row?
d) Vinit has 232 toffees. He wants to put them in packets containing 18 toffees each. How many packets will he need? How many toffees will be left?
Soon we will start with the End of the Term Assessment of Language and Math. Kindly ensure that the learners come to school regularly. Also, make them practice Math and Language concepts back at home.
The Formative Assessment for the system of the respiratory and circulatory was conducted through Kahoot.
Learners solved 3 digits by 2 digit word problems independently. Later, formative assessment was conducted.
Students continued with summative assessment.
Complete your narrative till publishing as discussed in the class.
Attempt the quiz and share the score through a screenshot.
Learners solved 3 digits by 2 digit word problems independently.
Summative assessment of Narrative writing was taken up.
Learners were introduced to the skeletal system.
Watch this video
Solve for the quotient.
Rewrite each in unit form. Don’t solve it by long division method.
Example : a. 800 ÷ 4 = 200
ans. 8 hundreds ÷ 4 = 2 hundreds
b. 900 ÷ 3 = _________ c. 400 ÷ 2 = ________
d. 300 ÷ 3 = ________ e. 200 ÷ 4 = _________
f. 160 ÷ 2 = _________ g. 400 ÷ 5 = ________
h. 300 ÷ 5 = ________ i. 1,200 ÷ 3 =_________
j. 1,600 ÷ 4 = ________ k. 2,400 ÷ 4 = _______
l. 3,000 ÷ 5
1. Jay drank 4 times as much juice as Riya. Jay drank 280 milliliters of juice. How much juice did Riya drink?
2. A diner sold $2,400 worth of French fries in June, which was 4 times as much as was sold in May. How many dollars’ worth of French fries were sold at the diner in May?
3. A fleet of 5 fire engines carries a total of 20,000 liters of water. If each truck holds the same amount of water, how many liters of water does each truck carry?
Teacher role modelled 3-digit by 2-digit division sums. Later, learners solved sums independently.
Complete the Language and Math worksheets.
- Learners understood the functioning of the respiratory and circulatory system through a drama. They also understood the interconnection with other body systems.
- Later, they watched a video on the respiratory system.
- Also, learners made a model of lungs and diaphragm using plastic bottle, straw and balloons and understood how they function in our body.
Learners practiced solving 2 by 2 digit division sums independently.
Solve the following division sums
a) 48 ÷ 9
b) 75 ÷ 5
c) 783 ÷ 4
d) 84 ÷ 12
e) 99 ÷ 33
f) 70 ÷ 14
Solve the following word problems:
- A carton of milk contains 128 ounces. Sara’s son drinks 4 ounces of milk at each meal. How many 4-ounce servings will one carton of milk provide?”
- Selena’s dog completed an obstacle course that was 932 meters long. There were 4 parts to the course, all equal in length. How long was 1 part of the course?”
Note – Complete your reading and be prepared for retelling presentation scheduled tomorrow.
Keep reading! 🙂
3 by 1 division word problems were role modeled by the teacher. Later, learners solved a few word problems independently.
- Students read some books to know more about blood – circulatory system.
- Respiratory System was introduced through an activity in PE.
Solve the sums and check your answer.
a) 783 ÷ 6 b) 546 ÷ 3 c) 688 ÷ 4
- Ninety-seven lunch trays were placed equally in 4 stacks. How many lunch trays were in each stack? How many lunch trays will be left over?
- Eva takes 57 stickers from her collection and divides them up equally between 4 of her friends. How many stickers will each friend receive? Eva puts the remaining stickers back in her collection. How many stickers will Eva return to her collection?
Watch the following videos and revise the Circulatory System.
Have a good day! 🙂
- An article on the digestive system was taken up through a learning engagement. Later, students saw a video to understand the process of digestion in detail.
- Students were tuned into Blood – circulatory system through PE.
Word problems based on division were role modeled by the teacher. Later, learners solved a few word problems independently.
Complete the given Language and Math worksheets as discussed in the class.
Students practiced division sums 3 digits by 1 digit.
Common blog posted for Hindi-Gujarati homework.
Wish you all a very colorful Holi 🙂