Welcome back to school!
We are excited to begin another great school year with you.
As the new academic year is about to begin, you must all be wondering where your class will be located, who your mentor will be, what you should carry on the first day of school, and so on.
On the first day of school i.e, on Monday 10th June, you all are required to gather in Rendezvous (assembly area) where your respective section placards will be placed. Your mentors will welcome you and accompany you to explore the day filled with some exciting activities.
Students, please don’t forget to carry your charged Chromebook with you or else you may miss some interesting activities that have been planned for you.
Refer to Transport routes.
Put on your formals and get ready to equip yourself with the skills to debate, negotiate and collaborate by bringing out the diplomat in you because the wait for FSMUN is finally over! It is our great pleasure to welcome you to the Sixth edition of Fountainhead School Model United Nations, on 24th August to 25th August 2019.
It is one of the most prestigious conferences in Surat, hosting over 100 high school delegates each year. FSMUN forms communities, uniting delegates from all over India to debate and attempt to resolve some of the most daunting and grave issues from around the world. FSMUN provides an opportunity for delegates to debate, think critically, synergize, and gain the ability to lead and negotiate.
In our sixth year, we are deeply honoured to continue FSMUN’s legacy, a unique focus on diplomacy, international relations, and social change. We pride ourselves on providing you with the most extensive delegate experience possible, complete with our comprehensive background guides to individualized feedback.
The fees for this year include the cost of two day conference, study guides, brilliant chairs and mentors, food and drink, delegate kits as well as a brilliant socials party.
Fill up the form to register:
Do note that committee allocations will be done based on experience and to some extent on first-come first serve basis. Please fill out the form at the earliest possible date to get the committee you desire.
For more information contact email@example.com. Our website (fsmun.org) will also soon be updated with the details for the same!
Team FSMUN 6.0
Dear Students & Parents,
As per the Personal Project timeline, the students should have completed with their majority of the tasks like investigating, planning and taking action by the end of this academic year so that in the next academic year they can focus on the Reflection of their project.
Summer is a great time to complete the pending tasks and document the entire Personal Project process from brainstorming the topic to taking action on Student compendium.
All the students have to complete the following common tasks during the Summer holidays.
Personal Project Common Summer Assignment for uploading on Student Compendium:
1. Details about your Personal Project
- Why does this topic interests you
- What will be the final product
2. Global Context you have chosen and list the reasons why it is appropriate. (Concept map image from student handbook Page 20)
3.Mention the research work you have carried on till date/ you need to carry on (with citation)
4. Visible Thinking Routine template used for each objective
5. The progress of project till date with pieces of evidence
- Videos of interviews taken
- Videos/images of tasks carried out (For eg., Video of recipes cooked and its documentation – Preparation time, cooking time, ingredients required, cooking method, etc)
- Before and After video (if the project is of acquiring/enhancing some skills)
Apart from the above common tasks, students are required to complete the Personal Project Summer Assignment tasks assigned by their respective supervisors.
This summer vacation homework needs to be submitted on the first day of school itself. Students who come without completing their homework will have to face consequences.
You may refer to the links given in the table below for uploading the process on Student Compendium.
We expect the parents to support the child by providing him/her with the time, space and reminders to complete the summer vacation homework.
The Academic Year 2018-2019 is about to end and your exam will begin from next month. So, you all are requested to clear your lockers and submit your locker key on the below-given date, time and venue. It is important to do this process now so that the students can be allocated the lockers at the beginning of the next academic year.
Date: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th April
Timings: 9:00 am to 10:30 am
Venue: Science Lab (Ray and Raman), Block 2 Second Floor
Responsible Person: Bharti Didi / Bhavana Didi.
Note: After 4th April no submission of locker key will be accepted.
On 5th April 2018, Rs. 750/- will be deducted from the imprest account of students who have not submitted the locker keys and we will change the lock of the lockers.
Please refer to the below link for the seating arrangement of Senior School Teachers for the PTC which is scheduled tomorrow (23rd March 2019).
Seating Arrangements: SS PTC Seating Plan- 23rd March 2019
Seating Plan Layout: PTC Seating Plan_March
The Community Project Exhibition by students of Grade 8 is scheduled on Thursday, 24th January 2019. Please note that the timings for exhibition have been changed. The details are as mentioned below:
Timings: 8:40 am to 9:30 am.
Venue: Grade 8 wing
The presentation plan for each group will be displayed outside the Grade 8 wing. Please come 5 minutes before the start time, so that you are on time for the presentation.
Since June 2018, the Grade 8 students have been working hard on their Community Project.
The Community Project is the culminating experience for the Middle Years Programme and gives opportunity to students to develop awareness of needs in various communities and address those needs through service learning. As a consolidation of learning, the community project engages in a sustained, in-depth inquiry leading to service as action in the community.
We would like to invite the Parents of Grade 8 students to the Community Project Exhibition. The details are as mentioned below:
Date of Exhibition: Thursday, 24th January 2019
Timings: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Venue: Grade 8 Wing (Block 3 – Second Floor)
The students are very excited and proud to exhibit their work to the FS community. Please join us as we celebrate all of their hard work and efforts!
Carpooling is highly recommended.
Please note that the date for annual performance for grade 8 (Verve, Vivacity, Zing and Zest) is changed and scheduled on Sunday, 17th February 2019. The timings and venue details are as mentioned below.
Session 1 – 9:00 am to 10:00 am:
Grade 8: Zest and Vivacity
Venue: Y Box
Session 2 – 10:30 am to 11:30 am:
Grade 8 – Zing and Verve
Venue: Y Box
Please note that the date for annual performance for grade 7 (Insight, Perspicacity, Vision, Idea) is changed and scheduled on Sunday, 17th February 2019. The timings and venue details are as mentioned below.
Session 1 – 9:00 am to 10:00 am:
Grade 7 – Insight and Perspicacity
Session 2 – 10:30 am to 11:30 am:
Grade 7 – Vision and Idea
Please note that the students are expected to strictly follow the Uniform Policy on all days. There are several instances where the students are observed not following the uniform policy.
- Students are not allowed to wear Smartwatches/ Fitness Bands of any brand (for instance Fitbit, Apple, LG, Samsung or any such brand). Instead, they can wear a simple wrist watch if they wish to do so. If a student is observed wearing Smartwatch, it will be confiscated.
- Students are allowed to use only wired headphones/earphones. The wireless headphones/earphones if used by the students; will be confiscated.
- During the winter season, the students are not allowed to wear any jacket/sweater other than the school jacket. If observed, it will be confiscated.
- Thermals (only black, white and grey colors) can be worn inside the school uniform, with school jacket only (if needed).
- Only black socks (any brand or fabric) to be worn with school shoes.
- If the student is not comfortable with full pants, he/she can pair only black leggings with the school shorts. (Full Pants are compulsory during practicals in the science lab even if it is their final exam, IA submissions etc., and for the field trip. If they are not carrying full pants with them on the day of field trip they will have to remain in school.)