Group of the day: Extraordinary Superheroes (Anant, Trisha, Aahna and Anya).
Math: Learners were introduced to the construction of the line graph. Later, they plotted the line graph independently.
Language: Learners, in pairs, attempted comprehension strategy ‘Determining Importance’ on an article related to advertisements.
- Redo last week’s mix bag homework.
- Complete the mix bag – Cycle 19 mixed bag
Language: Redo the last week’s weekend task.
UOI: Complete the task in your UOI notebook – UOI homework
Task 1: Represent the bar graph on Google Sheet: (As shown in the class)
The number of bed-sheets sold by five different shops/stores in a week is given in the table below.
|Number of Bed-sheets
Task 2: Solve the following in your Math HW notebook:
1) Navaan scored 98, 25, 105, 62 and 65 points in 5 matches. What was the average score per match?
2) Devang scored the following marks in 6 subjects: English – 88 Hindi – 64 Sanskrit – 89 Maths – 96 Science – 87 Social Studies – 80 Find his average score in 6 subjects.
Task 1: Complete the copywriting in your EE notebook.
Task 2: Complete the previous homework which are missed.
Math: Learners continued to conclude the survey about technology by interpreting the graphs.
Language: Learners were introduced to sensory words. They practised framing sentences using the list of sensory words provided by the teacher.
- (Optional) – Revisit Average with the help of Video till 3.54 minutes: Khan academy_average or website Mathisfun_average
- Interpret the data and write the answer in your Math HW notebook:
In a series of 4 cricket matches, the runs scored by India and Australia are given below:
(i) What is the average score of India?
(ii) What is the average score of Australia?
(iii) Which team performed better?
- The list of sensory words is provided to you. You are mailed the words assigned to you. You need to write the meaning and make one sentence from each word assigned to you. You need to do the same on the A5 paper provided to you.
- You are also mailed your copywriting passage about Average. Copy the same in your Language EE notebook. Ensure to write the start and end time.
UOI: Learners watched advertisements of BYJU’s, Dettol and Quit Smoking to understand the role of media. They derived that media messages are created to Persuade, Inform and Entertain (PIE). Further, they made a connection to Aristotle’s method of persuasion through rhetorical elements: logos, the logic and reasoning in the message; ethos, the character, credibility and trustworthiness of the communicator; and pathos, the emotional dimension.
Math: Learners organised the data collected through the survey and later constructed the bar graph. Further, they were introduced to the double bar graph and practised the same.
Language: Learners practised the comprehension strategy ‘Determining Importance.’
Language: Create a Google document for Language Mixed bag HW and share the same with your HRT. You also have a choice to do the HW on paper. Ensure to follow the steps of writing (Pre-writing, Drafting, Revising, Editing and Publishing)
- Complete the double bar graphs for Q3.
- Complete the Math Mixed bag HW on a piece of paper.
Math: Learners constructed a bar graph and double bar graph based on the data collected in the survey.
Language: Learners practised determining importance for the article related to media.
- Redo – Diwali Homework
- Complete the double bar graph started in the class.
- Continue reading the article started in the class using the strategy determining importance. (Ensure you note atleast 3 important and 1 interesting point)
- Copywrite in your EE notebook : http://englishforeveryone.org/PDFs/Finish%20the%20Story%20-%20The%20Snow%20Day.pdf
Note: Data and Language article is mailed to you.
Language – Use the thesaurus and find at least 3 synonyms of the verb “run”. Make a sentence using any 1 synonym (Remember to keep the context in mind).
1. Click on the link and interpret the graphs: https://www.ixl.com/math/grade-4/interpret-bar-graphs
2.Complete the survey given on Thursday.
Language – Learners observed teacher creating a poetry using different adjectives, verbs and nouns, figures of speech, rhyming words, etc. Further, learners learned using appropriate synonym to beautify the sentence.
ICT – Learners revisited Google Chromebook shortcut keys and touch pad.
Learners completed discussion of Language and Math Diwali homework.
Math – Complete the survey of 5 Adult.
- Revise and rewrite the answers for Diwali HW Task 1 (Story of Uncle Podger) and Task 2 (Poem of Mr. Nobody)
- Find the meaning of synonyms of verb ‘Fall’ given on the page 95 of Empowering English Reference book and write them on the same page. Use dictionary to find the meaning.
UOI – Learners were tuned into the new unit. They learned about 3 types of media – Audio, Audio-Visual and Visual.
Math – Learners began with data handling and derived the purpose ‘People are influenced by technology and are spending lots of time indoor, forgetting outdoors.’ To validate this statement, they chose the primary data collection method – Survey and planned population, sample and sample size.
Language – Learners revised elements of the poetry.
Math – Answer the following question in your Math notebook
Task 1: Have you filled any survey/questionnaire? If yes, for which situation? Have you conducted any survey? If yes, for which situation
Task 2: Solve the following:
- Find the area of a square with perimeter 52 cm.
- Find the perimeter of a square with area 16 sq meter.
- Find the cost of tiling a rectangular plot of land 300 m long and 150 meters wide at the rate of Rs. 6 per square meter.
UOI – Learners attended a guest speaker session as a part of ‘Going Further’ in the unit ‘Risk and Challenges.’ They were acquainted to the work done by the team ‘Joy of Giving’ and ‘Serving Smile.’ Later, they discussed the action taken by Fortitude IB50 group. Further, things they would like to do with their Khari Kamai.
Math – Visit the link – Cycle 17 Math Mixbag and complete the task in your Math HW notebook.
Highlights: Learners revisited essential agreement and modified as per the class’ need. Later, they were introduced to the new bus policy.
Language: Attempt the online game from a desktop or a laptop.