Students have completed last unit of Developmental Psychology and had a revision session. ERQs for Optional topics were discussed and a worksheet with a question bank has been shared for further practice.
SAQs and ERQs of Core topics will be revised next.
Students have completed the core units and qualitative research will begin from next cycle.
Students watched the movie, “THE HELP” and reflected upon the use of psychological theories in the movie. It was an interactive sessions and students could link it to conformity, compliance, stereotypes, etc.
We’ve completed the syllabus and had revision of Prose and Poetry this week. Students are expected to write an answer for poem and submit their work for correction by Monday.
Students revised all components of the reading writing paper this week. They were given a past paper to solve and doubts were solved.
You’ll have all 3 papers for the Mock examination:
- Paper 1 (common for HL + SL), 46 marks (8 + 8 + 8 + 22), Duration 2 hours.
- Paper 2 Optional Subjects (Choice between Psychology of HR, Developmental and Abnormal Psychology), 44 marks for HL (2 Essay type questions, one from each option) Duration 2 hours. Ã‚Â 22 marks for SL (1 Essay type question) Duration 1 hour.
- Paper 3 Stimulus based case study.Ã‚Â Only for HL.Ã‚Â 30 marks. Duration 1 hour.
- BLOA Unit 2.1, 2.2
- CLOA Unit 3.1, 3.2
- SCLOA Unit 4.1, 4.2
- Abnormal Psychology Unit 5.1 to 5.3
- Psychology of Human RelationshipsÃ‚Â Unit 8.1 to 8.3
- Developmental Psychology Unit 6.1 and 6.2 (6.3 is completed but won’t be tested on for the mocks)
- Unit 1 and 10 (Revision for Paper 3) – HL only.
Email me/Meet me in case of any doubts/concerns.
Dear students, as you are aware, you’ll have the entire syllabus of Literature for your mock examinations:
Poetry (Songs of Ourselves)
- Fleur Adcock, Ã¢â‚¬ËœFor Heidi With Blue HairÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- James K Baxter, Ã¢â‚¬ËœElegy For My FatherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s FatherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Elizabeth Bishop, Ã¢â‚¬ËœOne ArtÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Boey Kim Cheng, Ã¢â‚¬ËœReservistÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Emily BrontÃƒÂ«, Ã¢â‚¬ËœCold In – The EarthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Robert Browning, Ã¢â‚¬ËœMeeting At NightÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Emily Dickinson, Ã¢â‚¬ËœBecause I Could Not Stop For DeathÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Grace Nichols, Ã¢â‚¬ËœPraise Song For My MotherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Wilfred Owen, Ã¢â‚¬ËœAnthem For Doomed YouthÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Siegfried Sassoon, Ã¢â‚¬ËœAttackÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Stephen Spender, Ã¢â‚¬ËœMy ParentsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Ã¢â‚¬ËœSong: Tears, Idle TearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Hone Tuwhare, Ã¢â‚¬ËœFriendÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Philip Larkin, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe TreesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Charlotte Mew, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe Trees Are DownÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
Prose (Stories of Ourselves)
- Saki (Hector Hugo Munro), Ã¢â‚¬ËœSredni VashtarÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Sylvia Townsend Warner, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe PhoenixÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Bernard Malamud, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe PrisonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- J G Ballard, Ã¢â‚¬ËœBilleniumÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Maurice Shadbolt, Ã¢â‚¬ËœThe People BeforeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Patricia Highsmith, Ã¢â‚¬ËœMingÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Biggest PreyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Anita Desai, Ã¢â‚¬ËœGames at TwilightÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Paule Marshall, Ã¢â‚¬ËœTo Da-duh, in MemoriamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Rohinton Mistry, Ã¢â‚¬ËœOf White Hairs and CricketÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
- Adam Thorpe, Ã¢â‚¬ËœTyresÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
Paper pattern (duration and marks)
Component 1: Poetry and Prose.
- Answer two questions on two texts: one poetry and one prose.Ã‚Â There is a choice of two questions (one passage-based and one essay) on eachÃ‚Â text.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 min. Ã‚Â Marks: 50
Component 3: Drama (Open Text)
- Answer one question onÃ‚Â one text.There is a choice of two questionsÃ‚Â (one passage-based and one essay)on each text.
- Duration: 45 min.Ã‚Â Marks:Ã‚Â 25
Component 4: Unseen text
- Answer one question.Ã‚Â There is a choice of two questionsÃ‚Â requiring critical commentary(one based on literary prose and oneÃ‚Â based on a poem or extract of a poem).
- Duration: 1 hour 15 min.Ã‚Â Marks:Ã‚Â 25
Students have completed 4.1 and 4.2 this week. They also revised the previously done units using Kahoot. Notes for studies in BLOA were shared.
They are expected to complete writing the SAQ and submit on Monday, 16th January 2017.
Students have completed 2 optional subjects today (Abnormal and Human relationships)
Next week, we’ll spend a few slots on IA and begin Developmental Psychology.
The students have been taken through the following poems, including literary analysis.
- A praise song to my mother
- My parents
Both the poems were easy to understand and a lot of discussion was directed at the difference in themes, style, etc.
We’ve begun with the poem, An Elegy to my Father’s father and analysis will continue next week.
PS: Students are expected to complete PPT making on short stories assigned to them as a part of revision.