Dear Students & Parents,
We are happy to announce that Bhumika Parmar, currently the MY Coordinator is being given the additional role of Vice-Principal of the Senior School from January 2016.
Bhumika joined the school in May 2009. She has done her B. Com. followed by a LLB (post-graduate degree in law) and completed her B. Ed. after joining the school. She worked for 4 years in the PYP as homeroom teacher and then as team leader across grades 1, 2 and 4 after which she was selected as the Assistant MY Coordinator. For the last 1.5 years, she has been the MY Coordinator.
Bhumika has an eye for detail and excellent coordination skills, which has allowed her to bring in a number of systems and processes and ensured smooth functioning of the MY including the IGCSE program. She has contributed significantly to many senior school events (parent and student events) as well as to student related policies which she has suggested looking at the school values as well as student needs. Bhumika has been able to manage and lead teams effectively. She shares a good rapport with the students as well and has counselled and mentored them when necessary.
In her additional role as the Vice-Principal of the Senior School, apart from her current duties, she will support all the senior school programs: MYP, IGCSE & the DP. She will continue to be responsible for the IGCSE program as it will be phased out over the next 3-4 years. For the senior school students and parents, she will play a key role in the ways outlined below.
She will be primarily responsible for senior school parent communication for matters such as:
- Program related queries such as choice of subjects, subject combinations, why are we phasing out the IGCSE and bringing in the MYP, is the DP for everyone, what after the DP etc.
- Broad concerns regarding the school schedule, timetable, calendar, policies, especially academic and student-specific policies such as uniform, food, etc.
- Concerns related to teachers or any other staff members, especially quality of classroom delivery, staff behavioral concerns
- Any student-specific behavioral or academic concerns – related to your ward or about other students (in the case of behaviour), does my ward need tuitions, how can the school support my ward.
- Feedback regarding quality of events in the Senior School & other processes
- Any other school systems such as the career counseling process, or usage of technology for teaching and learning and itsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ positive and negative impacts
With the students, she will play a crucial role in enhancing the culture as well as student welfare by:
- ensuring a healthy and safe learning environment for students through various means such as life classes, regular student interaction, addressing disciplinary issues fairly and promptly,
- ensuring a stimulating and exciting learning environment by building student-teacher rapport, making curriculum meaningful and itsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ delivery engaging.
- Working with the judicial committee and the school academic leadership team to ensure that student voices are heard and addressed for matters affecting their academics or their wellbeing.
- supporting student led events as well as ensuring good quality selection, preparation and participation at events in school or outside of school, exchange program, educational trips.
Bhumika has also articulated a long-term vision for the senior school which she will be sharing through the April 2016 newsletter with the school community. From now onwards, for senior school related matters, she is authorized to address all concerns, with the support of the undersigned. Please feel free to write to her at firstname.lastname@example.org about any of the above listed areas either now and any time in the future.
Ankita Diwekar Kabra & Vardan Kabra