The students read and comprehended the remaining part of Chapter- 17 Uncle of the reader- Charlotte’s Web.
The students explored the different terms of the central idea. Later. the central idea was unpacked.
The students also reflected upon their understanding of ‘Needs’ and ‘Wants’.
The students need to read Chapter 18 of their reader- Charlotte’s Web and later fill in the reflection sheet given for the same.
Pen License awarded to– Dhwanit, Vrusha, Priyal, Parisha, Renit, Diya, Harsh.
A discussion upon using transition words in narrative piece was taken up. Next, the teacher modeled adding transition words to a passage she read and later, the students were asked to do the same.
The students practiced sums on different operations of fractions.
The students need to underline the following words in Chapter 17 of their Reader. Also, write meanings of the same in Language writing notebook:
crawled, ascended, listless, awfully, wearily, clinging, fanning, candied.
The students watched a video and reflected their understanding of the same in a sheet. A brainstorming session of the terms- demand, supply, producer and consumer was done, where the students shared their understanding of the terms.
The students solved word problems for different operations.
The students read and comprehended a part of Chapter 17 from their reader Charlotte’s Web.
Read a story from the following link and identify and note down the goods and services in it:
Students have to solve the following in their Math notebook:
a) A group of grade 4 Ã‚Â students was standing in line for food.Ã‚Â 4/8Ã‚Â of them were boys andÃ‚Â 2/8Ã‚Â of them were girls. What is theÃ‚Â totalÃ‚Â fraction of students that were standing in a line?
b) Jack ran around 2/6 of the track. Jill ran around 5/6 of the track. How much farther did Jill run than Jack?
c) A box of paper clips fell on the floor. Of the 50 paper clips, Ã‚Â Betty picked up 2/5 and Binny picked up 3/5. Ã‚Â Who picked up more paper clips?
A session on identifying and later, adding dialogues to a narrative piece was taken up. The teacher read-aloud the book-, wherein the students identified that dialogues add voice to the writing and also, makes the characters response to a a situation interesting. Later, they added a few dialogues to a narrative piece read to them- A Christmas Present.
The students appeared for Dictation for 900th List 2.
1. On the A4 sheet given to the students, they have to write/ draw 2 goods and 2 services starting from the initial of their first name.
Eg. First name- Ben; Goods- Bottle and Beans; Services- Baker and Baby-sitter.
1. The students are required to bring a short book from home, containing dialogues in it.
2. Dictation 900 List 3.
Find out the meaning for the given words and frame sentences for the same:
The students read and comprehended Chapter- 16 Off to the Fair of Charlotte’s Web.
The students practiced word problems for multiplying fractions.
Solve the following (using illustrationsÃ‚Â andÃ‚Â through numerals)
- Shreya played a game having 8 questions. She got 2/4 of answers correct. How many questions did she answer incorrectly?
- Riya and Siya were playing a treasure hunt game. Riya explored 3/8 of the treasure and Siya explored 4/8 of the treasure. How much treasure did they explore in all? How much teasure was left unexplored?
- A cupcake recipe asks for 3/4 of a cup of butter. Harry wants to make 2/4 of the original recipe. How many cups of butter will he need?
- 3/8 fraction of the students in a class like to play games. Of those students, 2/8 fraction like indoor games. What fraction of the students in the class like indoor games?
- Ã¢â‚¬â€¹2/8 of the animals at a zoo are monkeys. 4/8 of the monkeys are male. What fraction of the animals at the zoo are male monkeys?
- Gopi is doing her math homework. She has 20 problems in all. After an hour, she only has 1/5 of those problems left. How many problems does she have left?
- Mala wants to cut her hair. Her hair is 24 inches long. Her mom says that she can cut off 2/3 of her hair, to donate. How many inches of hair will Mala donate?
Star of the day- Yashvi DesaiÃ‚Â
The previous day’s homework was discussed and doubts were catered to. Also, A formative assessment for the operations in fractions was taken. Later, The same was discussed with the students.
The Chapter- 15 of Charlotte’s Web was read and comprehended by the students. Also, a formative assessment for identifying the elements of a story was taken up.
- Dictation- 900 List 2
- Punctuate and parse Week 19- Day 4
- In your Language writing notebook- Complete the Task(b) given on Pg- 45 of E.E Reference book.
Also, skim through Chapter- 14 and Chapter- 15 of Charlotte’s Web and underline the prefixes.
Q1. Do as directed:
- Ã¢â€¦â€“ + Ã¢â€¦â€”
- 4/8 + 2/8
- 7/10 – 5/10
- 8/12 – 4/12
- Ã¢â€¦Ëœ x Ã¢â€¦â€”
- 9/10 x 8/10
- 8/20 Ã‚Â / Ã‚Â 2/20
- 10/15 Ã‚Â / Ã‚Â 5/15
Q2. Reduce the following fraction to its lowest term:
Q3. Arrange the following fraction in ascending order:
- 5/10 , 2/10 , 1/10 , 10/10
- 6/12 , 3/12 , 8/12 , 10/12
Q4. Arrange the following fraction in descending order:
- 15/20 , 12/20 , 17/20 , 2/20
- Ã¢â€¦â€¢ , Ã¢â€¦â„¢ , Ã‚Â½ ,Ã¢â€¦â€œ
Q5. Compare the following fraction:
- 8/10 ____ Ã‚Â½
- Ã¢â€¦Ëœ _____3/5
Solve the following:
- Are the fractions 12/18 and 10/30 equivalent to each other?
- Geeta ran 2/6 of a km, whereas Prerna ran 9/10 of a km in one hour. Who ran more in an hour?
- If a gas cylinder contains 5/9 of gas, what part of it is empty?
- Aashna has 6/8 of a bag of cat food. Her cat eats 2/8 of a bag per week. How many weeks will the food last?
- You have 8 donuts and you want to give 1/4 of them to a friend. How many donuts would your friend get?
Students need to choose any one product of their choice (which is manufactured) for example- moisturizing cream bottle / honey bottle / shoe box / clothe’s price tag, etc. to bring to the class on Monday (Day 4- 27th February, 2017).Ã‚Â
Enjoy the weekend 🙂
The students solved the word problems for addition.
Solve the following in your Math notebook through visuals (illustrations):
a) If you have to divide 2kg of flour into 2/3 kg cups, how many cups will you need?
b) If you have to divide 3 kgs of flour into 1/4 kg cups, how many cups will you need?
c) Arjun bought 9 cookies and ate 2/3 of them. How many cookies did he eat?
d) Rajvi read 2/10 of a book on Saturday and 5/10 of a book on Sunday. What fraction of book did she read during the weekend? What fraction of book is yet to be read?
e) On a winter day you drank 4/24 of a liter in the morning, 12/24 of a liter during the noon, and 8/24 of a liter in the evening. How many liters of water did you drink?
Parisha Thakkar- Winning in the literary event- Ad-mad.
The students read and comprehended Chapter 14 of the reader.
The students practiced sums on dividing fractions using illustrations.
Solve the following using illustrations:
- 15/16 / 3/16
- 1 / 2/8
- 1/5 x 3/5
- 3/6 + 1/6
- Challenge- Fern bought 3 liters of milk from the market to feed Wilbur. She feedsÃ‚Â 1/5 of the milk everyday to Wilbur. How much milliliters of milk is left with her after 2 days?Ã‚Â
- Dictation 900 List 1
- Read Chapter- 14 Dr. Dorian from The Charlotte’s Web paying special attention to the dialogues between Mrs. Arable and Dr. Dorian.
After reading, write down a passage of about 40-50 words about any similar incident taken place at your home.
The finalists of the literary event- Ad-mad:
1. Parisha Thakkar
2. Vrusha Chheda
3. Harsh Dalal
Wish you all the best for the final presentation tomorrow. Practice well.
The students completed the reading and comprehension of Chapter 13- Good Progress of their reader.
The students presented their advertisement using their posters, as a part of their summative assessment for the unit- Media.
Illustrate your answer:
- Find out how many 2/6 are there in 6/6?
- Find out how many 3/10 are there in 9/10?
- Find out how many 1/3 are there in 12/15?
Challenge- Sakshi bought a pack of 25 choclates. She eats 1/5 of the chocolatesÃ‚Â everyday. What fraction of chocolates has she eaten in all after 4 days?