Students learned various concepts in decimals like place value of decimals, illustrating decimals, expansion of decimals converting fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions, etc.
Students also dug deeper into the Indus Valley Civilization and learned about various characteristics of a civilization and made connections between past and present.
They learned to comprehend the text in a better way using the strategy of identifying the main idea and supporting details.
- Open Cycle 19 and solve it in your mixed bag notebook.
- Read the topics assigned to you from the Indus Valley Civilization book, you may research more on the assigned topic, and prepare a presentation for the same. Do not forget to make connections with the related concepts and the LOIs discussed in class. (In case you are making an online presentation using any tool, please share it with me and Nikita ma’am and transfer it’s ownership as well.)
- Complete the tasks assigned on https://khanacademy.org
“ Change is constant “
It’s time for the day filled with fervor and exhilaration, amidst thrills and cheers.
Sport event at FS has always been a hugely competitive but fun event, as the four Houses battle it out for the House trophy.
Considering the feedback received by students and parents, this year we have decided to change the format of sports day where the students will have fun activities and will compete across sections of their respective grades during the sports day which we plan to have post the games unit i.e either in February or March. Exact dates for the same will be communicated to you once we decide on the same.
While the students demonstrate their competitive games talent against the opponents from other teams, we also encourage the best athletic skill in each student. There will be an athletic event, where interested athletes can strive to achieve their goals. During the annual Athletic meet, students across Grade 5 to Grade 12 will get an opportunity to showcase their strength and ability in various athletics. The students who have qualified as finalists will compete for their place. Trials for these events have already been taken during the students PS slots. The list of the finalists is attached below. These students will compete in the finals to strive for their place which has been scheduled on 21st December, Friday.
This change has been brought so that we can ensure maximum participation during the sports day. It is mandatory for all students to attend Sports Day.
- Date:- 21st December 2018
- Events:-100, 200, 400, 600, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, relay,80 Meters Hurdles.
- Structure:- Selection has been done in the PS slot. Top 6 from each event (Boys and Girls seperate) have been selected for the Athletics meet.
- Invitations of the Athletics meet will be sent to parents soon.
- Date:- February End/ March 1st week
- Games:- Kho Kho, Kabaddi, Tug Of War etc
- Structure:- Inter section games competition.
Write the standard form of the following:
a) 10 + 6/10
b) 7 + 8/10 + 9/100
c) 60 + 4/100 + 2/1000
d) 111 + 1/100 + 8/1000
e) 3004 + 3/100 + 5/1000
Convert the following into decimals:
Other tasks are assigned on https://khanacademy.org
Task has been assigned on http://readworks.org
ગૃહકાર્ય ( गृहकार्य ) :
નીચે આપેલ Link પરથી વાર્તા નું વાંચન કરો. વર્ગ પ્રવૃત્તિ દ્વારા reflection લેવા માં આવશે.
नीचे दी हुई Link से कहानी का वांचन करें | वर्ग में प्रवृति द्वारा reflection लिया जाएगा |
નીચે આપેલી Link પરથી વાર્તા “પૈસા વેડફાય નહિ” નું વાંચન કરો. ગૃહકાર્યનું Reflection વર્ગમાં લેવામાં આવશે
This is in regards to PTM 2 for grades 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 which is scheduled on 15th Dec. Based on the feedback received by some parents, this time we’ll be having PTM in 3 languages i.e English, Hindi and Gujarati. The only purpose of having PTM is to help parents understand the content of the grade wise curriculum and the way of teaching in class so that parents can also support their child back at home. Please note the entire content of the PTM will be the same but the explanation part and the entire interaction will be in these respective languages which will happen in different classrooms. The venue for PTM will be the respective grade where further you’ll be guided to the classrooms. You’re free to choose the language you’re comfortable with and attend that PTM.
We highly recommend you all to attend this PTM and be a part of your child’s learning journey. We also request you to spread this message on section Whatsapp groups so that all the parents are aware of these language options. As a school our sole motive for this initiative is to have maximum participation of parents along with maximum satisfaction. Looking forward to meet our purpose.
The timings of the PTM are:
|Grade 1, Grade 3 and Grade 5||15th December 2018||8:00 am – 9:30 am|
|Grade 2 and Grade 4||15th December 2018||10:30 am – 12:00 pm|
हमें यह बताते हुए अत्यंत हर्ष की अनुभूति हो रही है कि फाउंटेनहेड स्कूल में ‘महात्मा गांधी राष्ट्रभाषा हिंदी प्रचार संस्था’ द्वारा हिंदी परीक्षा का आयोजन किया गया था | जिसका उद्देश्य हिंदी भाषा को प्रोत्साहित करना है | इस आयोजन में हमारे स्कूल के कक्षा 3 से 6 तक के कुल 633 छात्रों ने उत्साहपूर्वक भाग लिया | इसमें सभी विद्यार्थी उत्तीर्ण रहे और उन्हें प्रशंसा पत्र से सम्मानित किया गया | जिसमें ११ विद्यार्थी प्रथम स्तर पर रहे और उन्हें स्वर्ण पदक से पुरस्कृत किया गया | जिनके नाम इस प्रकार है |
|Student’s names||कक्षा||Section’s name||परिणाम|
|१.||पर्ल गदारा||६||Contemplate||प्रथम अ|
|२.||अंशिका भार्गव||६||Progress||प्रथम अ|
|३.||परिशा ठक्कर||६||Enlighten||प्रथम अ|
|४||काव्या मालू||५||Consortium||प्रथम अ|
|५||देवांशी जिंदल||५||Synergy||प्रथम अ|
|६||मौसम पटेल||५||Alliance||प्रथम अ|
|७||अर्जुन मल्होत्रा||४||Courage||प्रथम अ|
|८||पलक अग्रवाल||४||Mettle||प्रथम अ|
|९||आरुष सराफ||३||Initiate||प्रथम अ|
|१०||अनुश्री शाह||३||Initiate||प्रथम अ|
|११.||अक्षत बंसल||३||Illuminate||प्रथम अ|
उनका यह अनुभव हिंदी भाषा की ओर अपनी समझ और प्रतिष्ठा का आकलन करने का सुनहरा अवसर था |
स्वर्ण पदक से पुरस्कृत हुए विद्यार्थियों का छाया चित्र …..
– Literary Event लिया गया |
– अभ्यास पुस्तक के पेज नंबर 82-84 पर दिए गए कार्य को उदहारण देखकर करें |
श्रुतलेखन के शब्द :
नीचे दिए गए शब्दों का श्रुतलेखन आने वाली हिंदी कक्षा में लिया जाएगा |
1) कण 2) प्रतियोगिता 3) प्रतिदिन 4) परिचय 5) निर्भर 6) दुर्लभ 7) जन्नत
1. लिखते समय सही वर्तनी (Spellings ) का विशेष ध्यान रखें |
2. अपने लेखन कार्य की दुबारा जाँच करें | (Recheck your work )
3. गृहकार्य पूरा करके अपनी अभ्यास पुस्तक गुरुवार को कक्षा में जमा करवाएँ |
4.कोई भी एक हिंदी कहानी का वाचन करें और अपना Reading log Update करें |