- Mixed bag homework is to be submitted as per instructions given by Rachana ma’am.
- Start preparing for your presentation that is scheduled on day 6. Cooperate and collaborate with your group members.
Note:- We will have our summative assessment of biography writing tomorrow.
Attached below is the task that you are required to complete and submit, tomorrow. Those of you who have earned a privilege may submit it on Wednesday.
Grade 6 team
As you are already aware that we are in the final stage of our research for the chosen topic, an event “The Human Library” has been scheduled on Monday, 18th January 2019, we expect you all to cooperate.
Find below the common instructions to be followed for this event. -:
- You will be guided by your HRM teachers for the venues.
- You are going to meet just one guest and converse with them for the entire session. You will have 25 mins session with the guest selected as per your first preference.
- We have divided the students into further groups.
The Human Library list
||Teacher In Charge
IMPORTANT NOTE -:
- Kindly take your UOI notebooks for taking notes.
- The event is called HUMAN LIBRARY, for a reason. Do not forget the essence of ‘LIBRARY’, to stay as calm and quiet as you can. We understand you have doubts and questions but still we expect your full cooperation for the same.
Grade 6 Team
Today we conducted the final round of the event ‘The rise of the orator’. We began with the top 24 from the whole grade and then we had our final 8 orators. The competition was tough and it was a delight listening to the creative 1-minute speeches by these young speakers.
Here are our winners:
1st Position – Nishka Modi (Grade 6 Evolve) (Dignity House)
2nd Position – Parisha Thakkar (Grade 6 Enlighten) (Liberty House)
3rd Position – Heer Desai (Grade 6 Enlighten) (Liberty House)
The other finalists were:
- Kanav Singhal
- Aditya Mittal
- Shiv Bergi
- Kashyap Patel
- Anshika Bhargava
Thanks and regards
Grade 6 Team
- If you have not given peer feedback in the biography written by your academic buddy, you need to do so, without fail.
- Keep working on the portfolio pieces of UOI, Math, and Language, as discussed in class.
- You need to do the primary as well as secondary research for your chosen community.
- You need to complete Task 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the Big Six Research Tool by Sunday EOD.
- Repository link for the SA communities has been shared with you.
- A gentle reminder for the Book Review Mega Presentation beginning from Monday – 18/02/19.
- A separate blog post will be done for the human library, kindly go through the same.
Keep researching, be inquirers and communicate effectively!!
ગૃહકાર્ય ( गृहकार्य ) :
નીચે આપેલી Link પરથી વાર્તા “વગર વિચાર્યું કામ કદી કરવું નહિ” નું વાંચન કરો અને તેની સમજને તમારા માતા – પિતા સામે બોલો.
नीचे दी हुई Link से कहानी “”વગર વિચાર્યું કામ કદી કરવું નહિ”” का वाचन करे और अपनी समज को माता – पिता समक्ष प्रस्तुत करें |
નીચે આપેલી Link પર “પ્રેરક પ્રસંગો” માંથી કોઈ એક પ્રેરક પ્રસંગનું વાંચન કરો. તે પ્રસંગમાંથી મળેલ શીખને તમારા માતા – પિતા સામે બોલો.
-नोटबुक में चिपकाई गई कविताओं के भावार्थ लिखवाए गए |(सफ़लता, धन्य भारतीय संस्कृति )
-सुधार कार्य करवाया गया |
– पाठ्य पुस्तक के पेज नंबर 74 पर दी हुई कहानी ‘तीन उँगलियों वाले आलसवीर भालू’ को ‘हिंदी की दुनिया’ की CD से सुनें और पेज नंबर 76 पर दिए गए अभ्यास कार्य को पूरा करें |
1. लिखते समय सही वर्तनी (Spellings ) का विशेष ध्यान रखें |
2. अपने लेखन कार्य की दुबारा जाँच करें | (Recheck your work )
3. गृहकार्य पूरा करके अपनी पाठ्य पुस्तक को गुरुवार को कक्षा में जमा करवाएँ |
4.कोई भी एक हिंदी कहानी का वाचन करें और अपना Reading log Update करें |
5.आने वाली कक्षा में Reading log की जाँच की जाएगी कृपया कक्षा में जमा करवाएँ |
To develop the reading habit and appreciate the beauty of written work, we started out with the idea of a “Book club.”
It is quite well said “There is no such thing as a child who hates to read; there are only children who have not found the right book” – Frank Serafini.
So far, you all have read multiple books and have raised your bar and interest in reading. You have also shown some creativity while presenting your book reviews. You all reflective communicators need to now celebrate this reading journey in the form of a “Mega Presentation” which will be starting from the 18th of February. You may choose to give a review of any book you have read so far during your Grade 6 journey, but the same has to be done in the most creative manner possible. Kindly refer to the criteria mentioned in your book review booklet and prepare your enthusiastic confident presentation keeping those criteria in mind.
This culmination of “ Book club ” should make noise and motivate all non-readers to at least taste the books resulting in choosing a few for themselves. It is time to take all the spectators on a journey. Looking forward to a great presentation.
Read, Review, Represent!!
- Upload your autobiography and biography in the folder shared, without fail. Also, remember to tag your academic buddy for their feedback.
- Give feedback on the autobiography and biography of your academic buddy, as discussed in class.
- Watch the video for Google calendar and send an invite for a meeting, as discussed in class. Take a screenshot of the invite and upload it in the folder named ‘Google calendar’ shared with you.
- Watch this video on how to create a bar graph in Google Sheets. Once done, create a bar graph based on the following data set:-
No. of students Chosen sport
13 Table tennis
Your work will be considered as submitted once you move the file to the folder named ‘Bar graph’ shared with you.