We thank each one of you for sharing your thoughts, feelings and ideas and making our school magazine a literary piece of art! A loud shout out to all who made it possible!
Our ideas keep changing, developing and modifying with each passing moment and we don’t want any of these to just drift by.
So let’s get going! We want to ensure that parents and students get optimum time to write for their favorite magazine. However, as mentioned in the previous blog post, we have quite a few precious pieces left with us which we are planning to take up in the April issue. So, the number of days for submission and the number of topics have been reduced for this time.
We have shortlisted a few topics to give you a starting point, but you are free to write on any topic of your choice. You can choose to compose a poem, write an article or create a poster/artwork. Parent articles are welcome in Hindi/Gujarati as well. (No hard copies will be accepted)
The topics are:
- Planning a Vacation
- If I could be a/an …..
- My Promises To the New Year
- Book/s I have Read Again and Again
- What’s in a Name?
- Dealing With Peer Pressure
- Coding- The Language Of Future
- Elections are the Best Test for Democracy
- My Favorite Catchphrase
- Words I Misspell the Most
- Poetry- Few Words More Expressions
- Living In a Selfless World
Points to ponder while writing/submitting articles:
- All entries to be submitted in Google doc format ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries shared in any other format will be rejected. Word limit for articles – 300 words.
- At least 60% of your write up should be original. If you have used any outside source, please be sure to add all the references / links in the footnote of the article.
- We will not be publishing more than 1 article/poem per student/parent.
- Do not share articles published earlier on personal blogs.
- We request parents to send original work done by their child as we want to keep the essence of thoughts that play in a child’s mind. Parents can check their child’s work, in terms of spellings and grammar but please retain the words used by your child.
- In case of parent article, mention your full name, child’s name, grade and section at the end of the article.
- Parent photos should be sent as a passport sized jpeg file. No selfies.
- Posters/Artwork should be in A4 size only. Kindly mention name, grade and section on the flipside of the poster.
- Entries to be mailed from school mail id only. Entries sent from personal email ids will be rejected.
- Scanned images/posters/artwork should be in high resolution.
- Any communication with the Raconteur team should be addressed to email@example.com. Please do not email the editors on their school email id.
Please note that we will try to publish as many articles as we can but due to space constraints we might not be able to publish all articles that are submitted.
Disclaimer: Selection of an article is at editor’s discretion.
The last date for submission is 25th December, 2018.
Looking forward to receiving your entries.
Please note that winter jackets and trousers, for all the grades, will be available from 19 November 2018, onward at School Zone. (Bungalow No. 9, Shyam Kunj, Krishna Vatika Society, Near Meghna Park, City Light)
Please go through the below-given rates for winter jackets:
|20, 22 & 24||670|
|26 & 28||700|
|30 & 32||720|
|34 & 36||750|
|38 & 40||770|
|42 & 44||800|
If the last’s year jacket is in good condition you need not buy a new one.
School Uniform Policy states that only school jackets are allowed. Thermals (only black, white and grey colors) can be worn inside the school uniform, irrespective of whether school jacket is also used or not. Note that students cannot wear full t-shirts/sweatshirts of any other color.
It is mandatory for all new students to buy a school jacket.
This post is a reiteration of the importance of RFID card.
Kindly be informed that it is mandatory to show the RFID Parent Pass at the time of pick up from the bus stop. The bus conductor will be using RFID card reader in the bus which will be used to check the card, at random, when a parent/guardian/attendant receives the child at the bus stop. Kindly flash the card as indicated in the attached image.
If the card is found to be duplicate a fine of Rs. 500/- will be deducted from the student imprest deposit.
Note that, 15th October onwards, parents without RFID card will not be handed over the student, and the student will be brought back to school. Parents will have to collect their child from the school, in such a case.
Having a duplicate RFID card will also be considered as not having a card and the procedure as mentioned above will apply.
Please send your RFID card to school if registration is pending as yet, ignore if already done.
Link of the previous post: http://blog.fountainheadschools.org/index.php/2018/07/27/checking-rfid-card-in-bus/
We are extremely delighted to invite you for a student initiated act ‘The Good Earth’ drama. This act indeed is the presentation of our students hard work and efforts. Through this drama, you will witness not only the hidden talent of our students but also the skills that they have acquired during their training sessions in our school imparted by Ms Rucha Kapadia and her team. Therefore, to encourage our young talented artists, please join us on:
Date: 14th October
Timing: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm (Entry will close by 10:55 am)
Venue: Performing Arts Centre, L.P. Savani Road, Pal, Adajan, Surat.
To purchase the tickets kindly click here.
Last date for filling the form is 12th October 2018.
For any queries , please e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org