As discussed during the session on ‘BYOC – Bring Your Own Chromebook,’ we are sharing a link of the presentation and the details in regard to purchase of the Chromebook.
As parents, we are sure you have a lot of questions and concerns. To address the same, we’ve added a dedicated section on our website: Tech @ FS (http://www.fountainheadschools.org/purpose-and-decision-steps/chromebook/)
This section on the website covers the following:
- What’s the experience like? What’s the world doing?
- Why Chromebook?
- Usage agreements at home & school so that the device is used effectively and not for the wrong reasons
- What are the potential safety concerns and how we intend to address this?
We request that you go through the website content that we’ve already put up before taking this step. We will try to address all your unanswered concerns in these planned interactions.
Configuration of the Chromebook:
|Top Case Color & Decoration
||Intel Celeron Dual Core N33500
||4 GB Memory
||11.6″ Wide LCD Display
||Integrated Intel HD Graphics
||3 Years including Accidental Damage Protection*
*As per manufacturer’s terms and conditions
Chrome OS Management Console (perpetual license): This console will enable the school administration to configure and manage each Chromebook with ease, and will allow us to add security features (such as user restriction, app restriction) as well allow many value-added features such as making an app landing page, online testing etc. This console needs to be bought only once with every device at the price of ₹2832 inclusive of all taxes. This price is valid only for bulk educational purchases. Regular license cost is almost double the current price.
We are asking for an advance payment by 10th May because in order to receive the Chromebooks in July, we need to place an order with the vendor by the second week of May. It takes 15-20 days to compile and send the order to the vendor and the delivery takes almost 6-8 weeks. After delivery, the school requires upto 15 days to test and configure all the Chromebooks before they are handed over to the students.
||Advance Payment (to be made by May 10th)
||Acer + Chrome Management Console
||Only Chrome Management Console (meaning parent will purchase the Chromebook)
- Kindly note that the school has no commercial interest in this transaction
- Parents can buy a Chromebook on their own, if they wish to. In this case, the parents will only be buying the CMC from school. School will intimate them as to when to send the device for installation of the console.
- Balance Payment to be made in June before the device is handed over to the student
- The total cost mentioned above is currently based on the minimum quotation that we have received from Google resellers. In case, we get a lower quotation, we will apply, update and charge accordingly
- School will be providing a debit note containing all the details of the purchase
₹ 15,000/- for Chromebook + CMC
Click here to pay
₹ 2,832/- for CMC only
Click here to pay
*Last date of payment: 10th May, 2019
**If we do not receive the payment by this date then we will consider that the parent is not interested in purchasing the Chromebook through school
In the first week of July 2019, we will arrange the handover of Chromebook to the parents. Before the students start using Chromebook, parents and school together can ensure that the students use their device effectively rather than it becoming a distraction. We will frame essential agreements for the same.