For the homework, you need to finish three tasks as mentioned below:
- Mixed bag homework posted by Khadeejha Ma’am.
- Creation of the road map of your PYP journey posted by Puja ma’am.
- Reading different types of endings from chapter 2 of Empowering English and write a name of a movie or a book that has that particular type of ending.
Thanks and regards
Thank you for attending the PYP Exhibition orientation that was conducted today. As mentioned, attached below is the mentorship form. Looking forward to a positive response.
Grade 6 Team
Students will take the opportunity to explore their problem solving and critical thinking skills to present social enterpreneurship ideas to help them understand how to manage access to resources more responsibly as well as think of creative ways on how equal opportunites can be given to develop fair societies.
For this unit’s SA, students will be presenting their ideas of social entrepreneurship projects in Shark Tank stimulated summative assessment. These ideas are concentrating on one or more from the 3 dimensions learnt (education, life expectancy and standard of living)
The students’ presentation on their entreprise proposal will start from 28th January 2019- 5th February 2019
The template of the entreprise proposal template and exempler of the proposal (for student’s reference) are shared in the curricle Central Presentation.
Please ensure that the submission of the hard copy on the proposal is done by 25th January 2019.
-Grade 9 IH Team-
Circle Time :
- Revision of Rhymes done till now.
Read aloud of the following books:
- Daddies are for catching Fireflies by Harriet Ziefert
- Mela from Shobini and Nani by Sarvendra Vikram and Vibhas Pandey.
Central idea : Transportation connects community near and far.
Central idea : We play to explore and have fun.
- Artwork : Hot Air Balloon
- Handwork : Stitching activity with Needle and thread.
- Sensory play : Playing with Jelly balls.
- Do and understand Story: A Little Mouse.
- Revision of Pre-math concept : Up/Down
- Revision of Sequencing.
Closing circle :
Story : The mice and the elephant.
Math: Visit the link and complete the worksheet:
Math Mixed bag
Language: Visit the link and complete the worksheet:
Language Mixed Bag
Students practiced multiplication sums using area model method.
Complete the given Math and Language Worksheets.
Revision of the rhymes:
- Good morning dear Earth
- Each like a petal, of one great flower
Introduction of new rhyme:
(By Bankim Chandra Chatterjee )
Sujalam suphalam malayajasitalam
Phonological Awareness :
- Revision – sentences awareness
Read aloud from Sr. KG monthly book list.
Closing circle story:
The tale of 3 fishes
UOI : Games
- Transdisciplinary theme: Who we are
Central idea: Games can enhance our understanding about us
- Learning Math through the game ‘Tisket a tasket’ (Integration with Math)
- Reflection of the game
- Introduction of ordinal numbers
- Introduction of half past clock
- Revision of taught digraphs (Identification of digraphs, blending and segmenting of digraph words)
- Introduction of /ue/ and /er/ digraphs through story, action and song
- Blending and segmentation of /ue/ and /er/ words
- Dictation of /ue/ and /er/ words
- Word list: “ue” and “er”
|due, ,fuel, duel, rescue, blue, glue, sister. her, herb, sister, kerb, mister, silver, litter, pepper, letter,better, winter
- Worksheet (Read and match’ and ‘Write the word’)
Answer key for ‘write the word’:
(nail, brain, sheep, teeth, tie, frog, toast, cloak)
Math: Term 2 workbook – pg no.: 19, 20.
- Kindly note that during the winter season, thermals (only black or white or grey color) can be worn inside the school uniform.
Sr KG Team
Homework for the weekend :
- Mixed bag to be done in Mix bag notebook –Cycle 23
- Do the correction of cycle 20, 21.1 and 21.2 referring the answer key on google classroom.
Stars of the day – Sarthak Sharma, Atharva Dalal, and Aanya Ruwala 🙂
[Highlight Of The Day]
Students practiced sums of HCF and LCM.
Students revised their description of ‘People enjoying Uttarayan’ by incorporating the feedback given by the teacher.
Mixed Bag 23
Math Mixed bag Cycle 23